Thus Saith Eve by Chris Wind

Thus Saith Eve

by Chris Wind

421,664,912 (3)1
atheist (1) Bible (1) Eve (1) feminist (1) Noah's wife (1) read (1) religion (1) Theology (1) women (1)

The narrators in Thus Saith Eve all sound like whiny adolescents. Definitely not worth the twenty minutes it took to read.

Received via Member Giveaway. ( )
1 vote amanda4242 | Jan 25, 2013 |
This little book finally gives the women of the Bible license to speak, and speak they do! A cantankerous bunch on the whole, yet their contributions (as true as they may be) left me ROFLing. Our Bible, I’m now convinced, is much the poorer for its women being silenced.

There are nineteen chapters, nineteen women in all who get to have their say. Technically speaking, only fifteen of the nineteen speakers are “women of the Bible.” Two are extra-canonical, one is a dastardly angel (we call “her” Satan), and one is … well, I was equally astonished to learn that Abel, son/daughter of Adam, also made the feminine list. Can’t say I didn’t learn anything from this book.

My favorite was Noah’s wife. Poor thing, with a ship the size of the football field to clean, and animal excrement everywhere. Yet, she seems quite able to hold her own, and as she rightly points out, if the whole creation was destroyed by a flood, then she is mother to us all. (What she leaves unsaid is whether or not Noah is the father of us all … hmmm.)

Short, but definitely entertaining … and serious between the lines. ( )
  DubiousDisciple | Oct 18, 2011 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Chris Wind's book Thus Saith Eve was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Chris Wind is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,035,592 books! | Top bar: Always visible