Clear Water by Amy Lane

Clear Water

by Amy Lane

This book is filled with great people. Patrick totally won me over. He's so terribly sweet. I just wanna snuggle him up. Great read. I definitely recommend. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Such a sweet story, and Patrick is just adorable. I like a good slightly off-track plot, and this book delivered, with a houseboat and scruffy scientist, and a misunderstood, rejected young man who feels kinship to two-headed frogs. Some other reviews already mentioned the slightly weird action-y bit that comes a bit out of left field, but it actually kinda worked for me and I just went along with it. This couple really clicked, I'll probably want to reread just for the feels - and to say hi to the frogs, of course. ( )
  tigerbuns | Aug 3, 2016 |
Wonderful, wonderful love story! I could not have loved Whiskey and Patrick more than I did by the end of this book. Patrick, so battered and innocent and Whiskey so protective and strong. They were absolutely perfect for each another. And the fact that the relationship took time to progress instead of the two of them falling into the dreaded M/M romance insta-love was a huge bonus! It made their first love scene incredibly dramatic and beautiful and so stinkin' HOT!!!!

Thank you to my lovely GR friend Sandra for recommending this book when I needed a pick-me-up. It was just perfect for a low-angst-romance read. It was soothing and comfortable and I know I'll be reading it again when I'm feeling blue. ( )
  gigi9988776 | Aug 25, 2014 |
Loved the characters. Patrick is lovable and Whiskey just dreamy. Highly recommend. 4.75 Stars ( )
  Penny01 | Feb 1, 2014 |

Meet Patrick Cleary: party boy, loser, and spaz. Patrick’s been trying desperately to transform himself, and the results have been so spectacular, they’ve almost killed him. Meet Wes “Whiskey” Keenan: he’s a field biologist wondering if it’s time to settle down. When the worst day of Patrick’s life ends with Whiskey saving it, Patrick and Whiskey find themselves sharing company and an impossibly small berth on the world’s tackiest houseboat.

Patrick needs to get his life together—and Whiskey wants to help—but Patrick is not entirely convinced it’s doable. He’s pretty sure he’s a freak of nature. But Whiskey, who works with real freaks of nature, thinks all Patrick needs is a little help to see the absolute beauty inside his spastic self, and Whiskey is all about volunteering. Between anomalous frogs, a homicidal ex-boyfriend, and Patrick’s own hangups, Whiskey’s going to need all of his patience and Patrick’s going to need to find the best of himself before these two men ever see clear water.

Meet Patrick Cleary: party boy, loser, and spaz. Patrick's been trying desperately to transform himself, and the results have been so spectacular, they've almost killed him. Meet Wes "Whiskey" Keenan: he's a field biologist wondering if it's time to settle down. When the worst day of Patrick's life ends with Whiskey saving it, Patrick and Whiskey find themselves sharing company and an impossibly small berth on the world's tackiest houseboat. Patrick needs to get his life together--and Whiskey wants to help--but Patrick is not entirely convinced it's doable. He's pretty sure he's a freak of nature. But Whiskey, who works with real freaks of nature, thinks all Patrick needs is a little help to see the absolute beauty inside his spastic self, and Whiskey is all about volunteering. Between anomalous frogs, a homicidal ex-boyfriend, and Patrick's own hangups, Whiskey's going to need all of his patience and Patrick's going to need to find the best of himself before these two men ever see clear water.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,081,982 books! | Top bar: Always visible