Freezing Point by Elizabeth Goddard

Freezing Point

by Elizabeth Goddard

17None587,099 (4)None

No reviews
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him will I trust.
                                                                                                      ---Psalms 91:2
As always, my stories are dedicated to my loving husband and my four beautiful children.

Acknowledgments

I couldn't have written this without help from Mindi Smith, a twenty-yea-veteran with the FBA. Thanks, Mindi, for your invaluable assistance and sticking with me on this project.
Thanks to Ken Ackerman of Dryiceinfo.com for explaining to me how to make dry ice work for my story,
and to Dale Pierce of Creative Ice for answering my questions about ice sculpting.
To my critique partners (you know who you are),
and to Ellen Tarver, thank you for making my stories shine.
A special thank you to my agent, Steve Laube, for believing in me,
and to my editor, Emily Rodmell, for believing in this story!
Beautiful . . . but dangerous.
    Jesse finished shoving the last block of dry ice into the back of the specially designed truck---well insulated, yet ventilated to allow for sublimation---the melting that would give off deadly CO2 gas.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 037344463X, Mass Market Paperback)

SECRETS UNDER THE ICE Casey Wilkes didn’t realize her simple human-interest story would put her life at risk—again. After fl eeing her home and journalism job in Portland, she wanted to live under the radar for a while. But when her interviewee starts dodging her questions, her reporter instincts kick in and she fi nds herself in over her head…. Homeland security agent Jesse Mitchell has been undercover as an ice sculptor for months, trying to infi ltrate a smuggling ring. He wants to avoid trouble, and that’s just what Casey brings. Now someone has a target set on Casey. Saving her could blow his cover, but leaving her unprotected endangers him even more—especially his heart.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:36 -0400)

"Casey Wilkes didn't realize her simple human-interest story would put her life at risk--again. After fleeing her home and journalism job in Portland, she wanted to live under the radar for a while. But when her interviewee starts dodging her questions, her reporter instincts kick in and she finds herself in over her head .... Homeland security agent Jesse Mitchell has been undercover as an ice sculptor for months, trying to infiltrate a smuggling ring. He wants to avoid trouble, and that's just what Casey brings. Now someone has a target set on Casey. Saving her could blow his cover, but leaving her unprotected endangers him even more--especially his heart. "--Publisher.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,458,301 books! | Top bar: Always visible