Hold Me If You Can by Stephanie Rowe

Hold Me If You Can

by Stephanie Rowe

Series: Soulfire (3)

I'm not quite sure what to think of this story. As that it does not come out til January. I shall hold off on saying more until the pub date is closer.
  eswaim | Feb 17, 2014 |
Stephanie Rowe continues to be one of my favorite authors. HOLD ME IF YOU CAN is another wonderfully imaginative read full of fabulous characters one just has to love… or hate in some cases. Her heroes are not the stereotypical bad-asses. Sure, they have all the traits we expect in good guy-macho men but they also have unusual interests most consider soft, like needlework, hair styling and drawing. They are conflicted about these hobbies but find a release in them from the harsh world they’ve been forced into. This, of course, only endears them more to the women they love. Rowe’s paranormal world is refreshing because her characters are not vampires, fae, shape-shifters, etc. They are never before heard of species of villains and heroes straight from the depths of Rowe’s imagination. The women are as tough as the men in some ways but remain thoroughly feminine. Nigel and Natalie are wonderfully flawed but find the answers to their survival and happiness in each other's love despite their best efforts not to. Oh, and they manage to save each other from doom. Their attraction sizzles but there’s far more to it than just sex. I finished the book with a sense of incompleteness though. Many of the characters from the two previous books in the series are missing. Death and his grandparents were such a delicious addition to the other stories and are barely, if at all, mentioned. The villains in this story weren’t nearly as well explored as I expected. Rowe has a real talent for giving the worse bad guys traits that hint at a redeemable soul but we don’t get as much of that in this book. The story is fun in spite of these issues though. If you like your romance wrapped in a tense, unique story, you'll enjoy this book. I did.

RATING: 4
REVIEWED BY: Jeanne Stone-Hunter for My Book Addiction and More ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Apr 7, 2012 |

The third in a paranormal romance series packed with danger, sensuality and clever twists features Nigel Aquarian, a warrior with an artistic bent, and Natalie Fleming, a chocolatier who has a new lease on life. But her freedom comes with a dangerous gift she doesn't want. Nigel and his fellow warriors have only just escaped imprisonment when an even worse threat emerges. Natalie is the only woman who can help Nigel-but she's also the one most likely to bring him down.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,013,013 books! | Top bar: Always visible