Bad Blood 2 by Tuffy

113,689,591 (3)None
Recently added byOOSABookClub

No tags.

No Exit

The crew is back…well, almost all the crew. Both Ern and Tone are now dead. The weight of what was created by the three friends now rest squarely on the shoulders of the one living friend, Champ. But after the death of his two friends, his near death experience and an introduction to Islam, the streets are not what Champ wants anymore. As with life, what we want and what is are not always the same.

Michael Corleone said it best in The Godfather, “Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in…”

One of the crew’s former hitters has gone rogue and he’s gunning for Champ and all those he holds dear. Forced out of his new retirement, the streets will never be the same. Who will be left standing?

What works for Tuffy also works against him – his characters. I enjoyed the closeness of this group of friends, the males and the females, established in “Bad Blood” and that followed through in “Bad Blood 2.” But with book two, bringing back some of the same characters and the introduction of more resulted in too many characters. I was often confused with who was who and what side they were on. It was hard to keep track of them all. Characters whether relevant or not to the plot got airplay.

Also hindering the power of the plot were the constant references of religion. While I understand that it was integral to the plot, like the multiple characters, it was too much. Had Tuffy pulled back some, it would not have felt so forced.

There was too much sex (and one-sided sex I might add) for my liking as much of it had nothing to do with moving the story forward as well as some editing issues.

With that said, “Bad Blood 2” is by no means a bad read; it’s just not my favorite. Tuffy’s first book, “Bad Blood,” holds that distinction. As I’ve said before, Tuffy is raw talent and with the aid of a good developmental editor to weed out the unnecessary and polish his obvious talent, he has a very promising future.

I’ve been INKed and I’m looking forward to more.

Reviewed by: Toni ( )
  OOSABookClub | Sep 11, 2011 |

Champ played the game at its highest level and he played fair. He looked out for everybody. After being kidnapped by his childhood homie, Tone, and left for dead, Champ is leaning toward retirement. Is he really strong enough to leave the game behind? Who will step up and run his crew? Sharon is pregnant by Tone; however, nobody knows, not even her best friend, Wanna. She realizes that everybody hated him after what he did to Champ, and they would disapprove of her having his baby. Although she has her own reservations about Tone, she feels that her baby is innocent. Brace yourself as the author, Tuffy, takes you on another wild ride through the streets of Philly in Bad Blood 2.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:32 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,755,880 books! | Top bar: Always visible