Troop 142 by Mike Dawson

Troop 142

by Mike Dawson

295378,207 (3)None

Reading this book I felt like the author was just really still very angry about his time at camp. This book definitely shows boy scouts is not for everyone and just like everything else can definitely be corrupted. It wasn't your happy go lucky memory type book. I did like the artwork though. Not overly complicated but not too simple either. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
This comic tells the story of one week with the Boy Scouts at Pinewood Forest Camp, New Jersey in the summer of 1995, complete with badge earning, campfire singing, pranks, drugs, (thinking/talking about) sex, and lots and lots of horseplay. I've never been a boy, a Boy Scout, or attended any kind summer camp, but the uncomfortableness of adolescence and the weirdness of being stuck with a group of your peers is relatively universal.

[full review here: http://spacebeer.blogspot.com/2014/12/troop-142-graphic-novel-by-mike-dawson.htm... ] ( )
  kristykay22 | Dec 9, 2014 |

Troop 142 follows a group of campers and counselors at a week-long scout retreat in the woods of New Jersey. It is a story as much about adults as it is adolescents, the blurred line between childhood and manhood, and the consequences of authoritative posturing. Dispensing with idyllic notions, Dawson describes the hilarious and brutal truths about boys and men, the hypocrisy of institutional morality and the resilience of Spam and the human spirit.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:50 -0400)

Join the Boy Scouts for a week of campfires, merit badge courses, group showers and merciless hazing at Pinewood Forest Camp, New Jersey, in the summer of 1995. -- cover p. [4]

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,415,691 books! | Top bar: Always visible