Firethorn (Discarded Heroes, Book 4) by…

Firethorn (Discarded Heroes, Book 4) (edition 2012)

by Ronie Kendig

Member:multilingualmaid
Title:Firethorn (Discarded Heroes, Book 4)
Authors:Ronie Kendig
Info:Barbour Books (2012), Edition: Discarded Heroes, Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:Christian fiction, romantic suspense, special ops, ebook

Firethorn (Discarded Heroes, Book 4) by Ronie Kendig

What a great ending to a great series! This story will keep you on your toes as you try to figure out what went wrong and who is responsible for it and who can you really trust? No one if safe and new people will be called in to help get the Nightshade team back together.

One of the team members that needs help getting busted out of prison is former marine Griffin Riddell, aka Legend, and covert operative Kazi Faron has been given the task to reassemble the team and she begins with Legend. She is very good at what she does, but lacks the trust factor and the ability to work as a team with Legend. He knows her well and tries hard to break down her defenses, but Kazi has a lot of secrets and one of them could get everyone killed. Legend and Kazi must work together to help get the team safe once again.

From the very first chapter I was taken by surprise and things just seemed to go from bad to worse for the Nightshade team, but strength and honor and the bond between these men (and women) will get them through. I learned to appreciate all the people in this series. They were "discarded heroes" but they turned themselves around and became a "band of brothers". It will be hard to say goodbye to this series. I appreciate the way the author also wove into her stories the strong spiritual thread that got these men through some very rough times.

If you are thinking of reading this book as a stand alone I would discourage anyone from doing that. There is so much you need to know about this team of men that it is really a good idea to start at the beginning and read the whole series. You won't be disappointed. ( )
  judyg54 | Jun 20, 2014 |
Falsely accused of murder and locked in a maximum security penitentiary, Griffin Riddell doesn't expect to be broken out of prison by cute blonde, Kazi Faron. In a whirlwind of action Griffin follows Kazi who claims to be reassembling the Nightshade team. Danger and adventure surround Griffin and Kazi as they attempt to rescue the other team members. They are forced to trust each other with their lives, but will they trust each other with their hearts?

Firethorn, the fourth book in the Disgarded Heroes Series by Ronie Kendig, can be read as a stand-alone novel, but I recommend reading the books in order. Griffin's character was especially enjoyable for me. He had a unique, somewhat unpredictable personality that was intriguing. The storyline hooked me from the beginning, as is common for action/suspense novels. Underlying themes about trusting in God and the importance of loyalty added depth to the story. Having recently read Wolfsbane, the third book in the series, I definitely had some high expectations for Firethorn. I was slightly disappointed as I thought Wolfsbane was better, but overall it is still a very good read and I would recommend it an anyone looking for Christian suspense/romance book.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free as part of FIRST Wild Card Tours. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." ( )
  Sneezybee23 | Mar 12, 2012 |
Review: Firethorn by Ronie Kendig
5 STARS
Firethorn is the last book of the Discarded Heroes series. I have now read only 2 of the 4 but they don't disapoint at all. I liked the book except the part that brought me to tears.
Discarded Heroes is about a special black ops team. They are loyal but have some problems and thier families don't all know they are serving are country still.
This last book opens with their team under attack at their secret base and some are taken two get out of building before its bombed.
Max Jacobs was Navy Seal, Canyon Metcalf was Army Special Forces, Colton
Neeley was Marine, Griffen Riddell was Marne, Marshall Vaughn was Army Ranger, John Dighton Navy Seal, Azzan Yasr and General Olin Lambert member of Joint Chiefs of Staff
For the past 6 months Griffen Riddell has been locked up prison for killing a U.S. Senator. He has been in isolation because he is very dangerous with his training he is also innocent.
The General does not know who took his team but he sent someone to break Griffen out of prison so he can help rescue his team. Kazi who goes by lots of different alias. She does not trust Griffen and he does not know her and hates working in the dark.
His team has spread out around the world. They only have a week before Azzan his killed in the middle east. Their is a lot intrique and you don't know who to trust and why the team was taken out. Could not put the book down. I would love to read the first two books of the series. I was given this ebook to read in exchange of honest reviews from Netgalley.
01/01/2012 PUB Barbour Publishing, Inc. ( )
  rhonda1111 | Jan 17, 2012 |
Action packed Black Ops. adventure story that includes the pathos that typical war heroes and their families must deal with on a daily basis. Includes crooked politicians, betrayals, redemption and the the emotional turmoil that threatens their very mission. The operational details are authentically described and the inter group loyalty and sense of family are accurately portrayed. It is a story that has you floating along as an invisible member of the team, sharing in their emotions as they charge to finish their mission regardless of cost. Your personal involvement makes the finale enjoyable and rewarding on a personal level. It is an involving story that you will not likely be able to put down until you close the final chapter. Definitely a great read. ( )
  JosephLYoung | Sep 18, 2011 |

Former Marine Griffin "Legend" Riddell, a fugitive from injustice, finds it difficult to trust anyone. Covert operative Kazi Faron, the woman sent to free him, has a dangerous secret that may jeopardize her life, mission, and the only man she respects. As Griffin and Kazi race around the globe to save Nightshade, the danger mounts. Will they find the culprit sabotaging their black ops team? Can their newfound feelings and trust survive when Griffin and Kazi face truth and terror?… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,607,073 books! | Top bar: Always visible