Born Mad by Robyn Wheeler

Born Mad

by Robyn Wheeler

411,664,912 (5)None

Price: $11.95
As the title implies, Robyn Wheeler has written a book about a disorder finally diagnosed as dysthymia, a chronic type of depression, that she has lived with since birth. Born Mad, is her journey from rage and being angry all of the time to what she considers a normal life. She spent her formative years not knowing what was wrong with her. Finally it was diagnosed and her life changed. It affected ALL of her relationships, friends, family, workers, acquaintances and even her health. The book takes the reader through her search for help, with the hope that it might help others.
After years of good and bad counselors, drugs (Prozac) that helped, researching her disorder and learning through experts about how to control and live with it, she now knows that it will be a lifelong battle. There is no ‘magic pill’ that will make it go away completely, but only things that will treat the symptoms, whether it be drugs and/or lifestyle changes. She works on maintaining her stability on a daily basis.

“I felt unloved, unappreciated, and taken advantage of, like I didn’t matter to anyone else, including my husband or my immediate family. I’d suffered the consequences of losing a friend and a sister and felt the few people still in my life didn’t care about what I was going through or understand the severity of my aching soul.”

I recommend this book to those with the same affliction and for family and friends who know someone with dysthymia. It gives a good insight to what a person goes through in searching for why they are angry and upset all of the time.
Robyn Wheeler, an avid animal lover since childhood, created a wildlife education company called The Creature Teacher, LLC. She has since sold the company and is now a reporter for The Monitor of Cedar Creek Lake newspaper and created Born Mad, LLC, to help create awareness for dysthymia. She is involved in speaking engagements and support groups to spread the word about dysthymia. She was selected as Professional Woman of the Year 2012 by the National Association of Professional Women (www.napw.com) and Professional of the Year in Writing and Editing 2012 by Worldwide Who's Who (www.worldwidewhoswho.com)
  KatherineBoyer | Feb 24, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,206,422 books! | Top bar: Always visible