The Friendship Wish by Elisa Kleven

The Friendship Wish

by Elisa Kleven

207515,329 (3.28)None

Farley was a dog who just moved into the neighborhood and was looking for new friends. Every animal that he saw and asked if they play with them, they replied that they were busy. So Farley decided to become busy himself but still wanted friends. When he went to sleep he found an angel who would play with him and when he woke up she was gone. The next morning when Farley was telling the other animals about his angel that he meet, hey wanted to meet her. Farley and the other animals did all the things that him and the angel did in his dream. Farley then had made new friends. The other animals have changed from being busying and not having time to play with Farley to wanting to know what the angel did and looked like. Books show that it doesn't take much to make new friends. It also shows that if you be yourself that you will have friends in no time. ( )
  jjuneau | Sep 7, 2017 |
This is the story of a dog named Farley who is feeling lonely and wishes for a friend. He then dreams of a wonderful angle who plays, sings and dances with him. He tells his friends about his dream and throughout the day they recreate all of the things the happened in his dream. Farley then draws his angle and then all of his friends are free to dream and create their own angles. This book was not one I particularly liked to much. I thought the characters did not really experience any major development in personally or emotion. While it was a nice story and the illustrations are both colorful and beautiful, I found it rather confusing. I just felt there was no connection to be made or lesson to be learned by the end go the book. ( )
  cejones4 | Feb 18, 2017 |
The Friendship Wish is about a dog named Farley who wants to find friends. When he reaches out to the pig, bear and bird they are all too busy. Farley dreams of an angel who becomes his friend and feeds him pancakes. His new friend was sparkly and played guitar. They danced and sang and played, which was all the things Farley wanted to do with a friend. Once Farley woke up he couldn't find his angel friend. The bird, pig and the bird all heard Farley looking for his angel. They decide Farley should cook pancakes and hope his friend comes back. they all decide to sit and eat pancakes and play together. Farley finally made friends while looking for his angel. They finally find angel and when they all go to sleep they all dream of angel friends. I would recommend reading this book to students in the beginning of the year. Good book for students struggling with friendships. ( )
  epoche | Aug 24, 2014 |
This book was special to me because it reminded me of when I needed new friends at my new school. I think the students will be able to relate to moral of this story ( )
  HillaryBertucci | Sep 7, 2013 |
A beautifully illustrated story celebrating creativity and friendship. ( )
  Sullywriter | Apr 3, 2013 |

Foley the dog has trouble making friends when he moves to a new home, but after an angel visits him in a dream, Foley's neighbors come to hear about the experience and they all begin to share their talents in hopes the angel will return.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,331,386 books! | Top bar: Always visible