Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0124576508, Hardcover)For decades, researchers have been interested in the structure, function and inhabitants of forest canopies, but unfortunately, a large portion of this fascinating ecosystem was inaccessible. Recently, with the use of balloons, dirigibles, cranes, towers, suspended catwalks, and a variety of modern climbing equipment, scientists have begun to penetrate this dense foliage, allowing for a detailed, authoritative account of this enchanting world. Forest Canopies synthesizes the newly compiled data on canopy-dwelling organisms, including insects and other arthropods, lizards, birds, mammals, and, of course, the plants that both form and inhabit this unique aerial ecosystem.
* Foreword by Thomas E. Lovejoy
* First synthesis of research into this previously unchartered forest region
* Details innovative techniques for the study of the canopy
* Describes the structure, function, and biodiversity of canopy ecosystems
* Ideal reading for botanists, naturalists, ecologists, and zoologists, or anyone interested in preserving the beauty of these great forests
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:24 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.