Jesse's Story (The Slave Breakers, #2) by…

Jesse's Story (The Slave Breakers, #2)

by Maculategiraffe

192537,190 (3.78)None

This review is for all of the "slave breakers" series. I enjoyed them all about the same, except maybe the prequel which is my least favorite, but still very good.

I was not sure what to think of this story before I started reading it. I saw where one of my friends here on Goodreads rated it very well. Then I saw that it was posted on LiveJournal and that there are writer's note within the story. I was worried then that the story would not be well written because of this, but based on the the ratings, I decided to give it a try. I am extremely glad I did. These stories have very high sexual context to them and they are pretty much all M/M (which I have read some but not much).

Although these stories are about true sex slaves (no in the play world like in a BDSM, where the "slave" can call a safeword), the BDSM is very light. These slaves are true property of their owners. They bring up in the story that the owners can kill their slaves in front of witnesses and there are no repercussions.

Great stories, I hope to see them truly published one day. I also hope that people are going to the LiveJournal page to donate to the author because it would be great to continue to have more of these stories. ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |
Slave breakers Holden and Alix seem to be acting out of character, Holden speaks of Alix "loving her little boys" while apparently getting drunk himself before assaulting his host's slave Jesse, knocking his two front teeth out in the process. As a result Holden and Alix, by way of compensation offer to buy the now damaged slave. But there is method in their madness, their sham - their intention being to rescue Jesse.

But while they try to organise a convincing escape for Jesse, the soon to be released slave must live with the Holden household, and that proves to be a trying time for all concerned. However in the long run it does produce some positive results: Holden learns a little more about himself, Jesse eventually gets his freedom, and Bran gets to hears those important little words he's been longing to hear. ( )
  Bembo | Mar 7, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,990,527 books! | Top bar: Always visible