The American Flag by Kelli L. Hicks
411,664,912NoneNone
Recently added bygoingmb, Mattie10, Conkie, baldwincat

The American Flag is a nonfiction book for young children that goes through and discusses the steps our nation took in order for our flag to represent our nation. This book tells where you can see the American flag each day and describes it. This book also has a history lesson in it. I think this book is great to have in the classroom because it is two lessons incorporated into one. I think young children would enjoy reading this book and would be interested to learn about our flag.

Things you can do in the classroom would be have the students draw and color their own American flag. You could also have them decorate the flag and have them hang them up in the class or the hall ways. Another thing would be to follow the book with a history lesson on the flag.
  Mattie10 | Nov 20, 2012 |

This book provides a history of the American flag, a brief history of "The Star Spangled Banner," information on flag etiquette, and more.

Average: No ratings.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,119,724 books! | Top bar: Always visible