Colors of Me by Brynne Barnes

Colors of Me

by Brynne Barnes

I liked the book, Colors of Me, for three reasons. The first reason I liked this book was because of the descriptive language. The book describes many things and their colors, but they’re maybe colors people don’t typically notice. We think of the sky being blue, but the book describes the sky at dusk saying, “Does the sun know the sky turned purple before it went to sleep?” This describes the sky, but it also challenges what we typically think about the sky. The author is trying to get the readers to understand that different things sometimes have different colors.

The second reason I like this book is because of the illustrations. The book is illustrated with mixed media, which I think fits the book very well. The different medias are organized and come together to create one piece of artwork. This book is about colors, and the diversity of color in the world. All of the colors come together to create one world. So the mixed media reflects that color diversity.

The last reason I like this book is because of it’s ability to push the readers to broaden their perspective, and question things. One page that really stuck out to me said, “If the trunks of trees were blue and orange would they grow so tall? I think I’d climb them either way-if they were any color at all.” This makes the readers think not just about trees, but people too. It does not matter what color the trees are, they are still trees, and can still be used to do similar things. This relates to people and skin colors, which is also the big idea of this story. There are many colors of people, they are all special, but they are still just people. The world has a lot of diversity in it, and this diversity is what makes the world great. ( )
  rthoms2 | Feb 27, 2017 |

Collage illustrations frame this playful rhyme told through the eyes of a curious, creative young child who determines the whole world is full of color.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,816,375 books! | Top bar: Always visible