Renegade Hearts by Anne Patrick

Renegade Hearts

by Anne Patrick

421,664,912 (4.33)None

This was just a good romantic read with plenty of characters in it you get to know and appreciate, even though some are a little difficult at times. Jenny has lost her husband in a tragic accident 2 years ago and her son Zach has become her "very reason for existence. When she had wanted to shut out the world and wallow in her own self-pity, Zach was the reason she had forced herself out of bed each morning." She is now running their 1200 acre cattle ranch, the Hazy Holloway. It is their home, their future and she will do whatever it takes to make it work. She has Buddy her right hand man on the ranch and Tommy but she needs more help. So Buddy encourages her to hire his son, Gil, who is back from the war and needs to come home and make himself useful. So let the romance begin. Jenny can be pretty "hard-nosed" when it comes to being in charge and she has no interest in falling in love. Gil is a handy man to have around and hits it off big time with Zach, but he must tread very slowly with Jenny. Then there Jenny's Dad who comes to live with them and also the break-in at the ranch, and it just makes the dynamics of the story all that much more interesting. This was a book that was just a pleasure to read and for me, very relaxing.
I was not a big fan of the cover of this story. It is a little picky I guess but Jenny would fight to the end before she would be caught in a dress, and I just didn't think the characters on the front fit my view of these two people. Oh well, you can't please everyone all the time now can you?
Desert Breeze Publishing, Inc (September 13, 2011)
ISBN: 978-161252-081-0 ( )
  judyg54 | Nov 7, 2011 |
Jenny Holloway is a widow who's running a 1200-acre ranch and raising her son Zach on her own. She likes being busy but she could really use some help. Her foreman, Buddy, suggests she hire his son Gil Montgomery who has recently returned home from his military duty. After meeting Gil, Jenny readily agrees to hire him on. She knows she could never find the kind of love she had with her husband, so why does her stomach do flip-flops whenever he's near. Gil Montgomery has ranching in his blood. Though his outward scars from the war have healed he knows this job is just want he needs for his inward healing. Jenny causes his heart to stir in ways it hasn't before but he knows that since her husbands death she's placed big walls around her heart. The more they work together the more he knows that Jenny and Zach are the future he's looking for but will he ever be able to convince Jenny?

I knew when I saw the totally awesome cover of Renegade Hearts that I absolutely had to find out the tale within. I was immediately drawn in by the gentle prose of this story. It truly matched the cover with an easy ebb and flow that I just loved! Though it was not an edge-of-your-seat type story I found myself glued to the pages because I became so involved with its true-to-life well-drawn characters. You will fall in love with each one them. Gil was an excellent leading man. I just loved the way he was with Jenny and Zach. (Big sigh!) Jenny is someone to admire. She was strong and independent but reasonable and tender. Zach will steal your heart hands down! He is such a great little man! And Buddy, Gil's Dad, was a total gem! Now don't get me wrong, this did have a mystery to it and as typical with Anne Patrick's stories, you don't find out the whole truth until the end. She always keeps you guessing. I just LOVED Renegade Hearts! It's an easy, feel-good, up-lifting tale you won't want to miss. A thank you goes to the author for providing this complimentary copy for my review.
Desert Breeze Publishing, Inc (September 13, 2011)
ISBN: 978-161252-081-0
Category: Inspirational
Rating: Sweet ( )
  love2readnovels | Sep 23, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,238,767 books! | Top bar: Always visible