Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Yeast gene analysis
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0123694787, Hardcover)Focusing on Saccharomyces cerevisiae, the second edition of Yeast Gene Analysis represents a major reworking of the original edition, with many completely new chapters and major revisions to all previous chapters. Originally published shortly after completion of the yeast genome sequence, the new edition covers many of the major genome-wide strategies that have been developed since then such as microarray analysis of transcription, synthetic gene array studies, protein microarrays and chemical genetic approaches. It represents a valuable resource for any research laboratory using budding yeast as their experimental system in which to identify new yeast gene functions. The chapters are written in a readable style with useful background information, technical tips and specific experimental protocols included as appropriate, enabling both the novice and the experienced yeast researcher to adopt new procedures with confidence.
New chapters on:
* strain construction
* genome-wide two-hybrid approaches
* use of microarrays for transcript analysis
* real-time analysis of chromosome behaviour and FRET
* synthetic gene array technology and protein arrays
* chemical genomics and yeast prions
* RNA gene analysis and mitochondrial gene function analysis
* phylogenetic footprinting
* discovering human gene function and predicting yeast gene function
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:46 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.