Hampton Road: A Psychological Thriller for…

Hampton Road: A Psychological Thriller for Young Adults

by Michael Segedy

We start off with Billy. He has no idea where he's really at or why he's being held there against his will. He's being asked by a doctor to recount details about what happened that night on Hampton Road but he just can't remember.

The story goes back and forth from Billy being in his current state of having amnesia to the events that happened during the last couple of months leading up to the incident. These flashbacks are told by Billy, his girlfriend Praxy and his best friend Charlie.

The first chapter was good - it was interesting and humourous. Then the book was okay - some funny lines here and there, but it was all forgettable. Going into detail about motorcycles and the races was boring and a chore to get through sometimes. I didn't like how the ending was put together. ( )
  jenn88 | Apr 25, 2017 |
Book Review: Hampton Road I won this book in a giveaway. Thank you!I love psychological thrillers, so I was super excited to win this book. The storyline and characters are interesting, but the story dragged at times. It took me a while to get through this book because I kept putting the book down every time I got to a boring part. The ending had a nice twist and that made me glad that I finished it. ( )
  JennysBookBag.com | Sep 28, 2016 |
I'm getting old! There are some "Young Adult" books out there that are great for "Adults" too so when I saw the Hampton Road cover and description I assumed that this would be one of them but I was wrong! This book will make you wake up and realize your age. It is listed as a psychological thriller for young adults but I think high school age students specifically would enjoy it the most. The three main characters in the book are two high school kids, Charlie & Praxy and one high school drop-out and motorcycle racer- Billy. The beginning of the story is about how these three kids lives are entwined and then Billy wakes up one day in a mental institute without any idea of why he is there. I  personally found myself drifting off about midway through but to be fair, I think that had more to do with the fact that I'm not young and in high school so I couldn't relate as well to the story as a teenager could. The story then leads up to a big climax and twist at the end which is the part I really enjoyed the most. Overall, I think this was a great story but its definitely most appropriate for high school age kids. If you're like me and can't even remember how many years it's been since you graduated high school, then you probably want to pass!

*I won this ARC from Booklikes in exchange for an honest review. Thanks Booklikes!  ( )
  EmpressReece | Aug 22, 2016 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Michael Segedy's book Hampton Road was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Michael Segedy is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,191,446 books! | Top bar: Always visible