Sugar Moon by S.E. Diemer

Sugar Moon is a novella. There's enough story and world-building here for a whole novel, so I'm very happy about the prospect of two more stories in this world (not least because the story ends without resolving the main plot line, of course). It's a light read -- it felt like it took no time at all to read -- but with plenty of room to expand.

The central relationship is ostensibly that of Elise and Via, but I didn't feel that as much as I felt the sibling relationship between Elise and her brother. I'm hoping to see more of him, though of course I want to see Elise and Via's relationship grow as well. The soulmate idea is nice, but it'd be good to see it backed up with further development in the next book. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the other characters and their magic and ways of life, too.

In conclusion: I liked it, but it definitely left me wanting. ( )
1 vote shanaqui | Apr 9, 2013 |
Another Sarah book! So soon after the next and the beginning of a trio of novella's. I can't wait to see where this book goes. And I love how inspired about Soul Mates (and bonds) Sarah's writing in her books (and about her own life) her writing always leaves me.

I love hearing all about the spiritual lives of the characters they've been working together. I can't wait until summer for part two ( )
  wanderlustlover | Dec 6, 2012 |

Elise sells magic, charms and dreams out the back door of her brightly painted wagon. A Witch and daughter of the Maja, she believes that everything happens for a reason, but she has never quite understood why there is a hollow feeling in the place where her heart should be.

One night, at the fabled Moon Market, she meets a stranger. The woman's name is Via, and in a single night, love finds Elise; for the first time in her young life, she feels no emptiness.

But Elise's past is catching up with her. In the dark of night and burn of day, the Fevered turn their soulless faces in her direction, changing course. They hunt her, intent on devouring her light.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,769,408 books! | Top bar: Always visible