The Book of Man: Readings on the Path to…

The Book of Man: Readings on the Path to Manhood

by William J. Bennett

This is a superb piece of literature from Mr. Bennett. Very well written, this book is inspirational, making us stop from what we are doing and think about to where humanity is heading nowadays.
Mr. Bennett put together in this volume a collection of stories, essays, vignettes and profiles, all commented out by his vision of experienced person, adding new reflections and leading us to think about the importance of the basic moral concepts of manhood, like honor, duty, valor and integrity, as the role model for becoming a man.
Many of those values were lost during recent years and Mr. Bennett makes a huge effort trying to rescue them back into our society. Some stories touched me deeply, like those selections from Middlemarch by George Elliot.

This is a powerful book. I recommend this book to be in the permanent library of all Christian men and they should read constantly to remind them on the importance of being a man like God want us to be.

This book was written by William J. Bennett and published by Thomas Nelson in October of 2011 and they were kind enough to send me a copy for reviewing through their Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers Program. ( )
  rmattos | Jan 23, 2016 |

This book explores the life of men in various contexts: work, play, prayer, war, home, and friendship. Using essays and stories, myths and history, to bring life to the subject, Bennett defines what a man should be, how he should live, and to what he should aspire.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,737,906 books! | Top bar: Always visible