All There Is: Love Stories from StoryCorps…

All There Is: Love Stories from StoryCorps (2012)

by Dave Isay (Editor)

Other authors: StoryCorps (Project)

Series: StoryCorps (3)

I really enjoyed this book. The only thing I could say is it should have had more stories. I read all of the stories twice. The Sept. 11 stories teared me up the most. If you love romance, check out this book. ( )
  Jewel.Barnett | Sep 6, 2017 |
From the founder of Storycorps, a commendable, non-profit organization offering the opportunity for individuals from all walks of life to record interviews about their lives, this slim volume is a poignant compilation of some of the most touching -- and heartbreaking -- love stories submitted over the years. I usually shy away from overly sentimental, inspirational reading, but this collection truly warmed my heart. Storycorps gives voice to ordinary people whose lives on the surface may not be extraordinary but whose personal stories, when given the opportunity to be told, are nevertheless fascinating. It reminded me of the ongoing "Humans of New York" project. ( )
  ryner | Aug 31, 2016 |
Read on November 24, 2012

I need a palate cleanser after finishing A Feast for Crows last night so I picked up this little gem that the bestie told me about a couple of months ago. Oh man. It was perfect!

Some of the stories are heartbreaking, but most are inspiring (even the really sad ones are uplifting!). There were many times while reading that Jesse threatened to take the book away from me because I was VERY emotional, but I wouldn't let him.

Definitely a quick read, but so great! ( )
  melissarochelle | Mar 31, 2013 |
A sweet and compact collection of oral histories from the StoryCorps project, organized into three sections: Found, Lost, and Found at Last. At a scant 150 pages, a very quick read. And not to judge a book by its cover, but the design is lovely. Would make a nice gift book.

Tip: don't read any of the "Lost" chapters in public, lest you become that weird weepy lady on the el. ( )
  catalogthis | Dec 29, 2012 |
This collection of stories about Love from StoryCorps is perfect. Each 2-3 page entry tells the story of a 'ordinary' couple who in their own way have extraordinary love lives. The book is divided into three sections - Falling in Love, Loss, and Finding Love. Each story is accompanies by a small photograph at the end showing the storytellers. Each perfectly concise story of love leads you right into the next. This is a book easily devoured in one sitting. Be sure you have time to read them all because the book is simply un-put-downable. ( )
  bc104 | Feb 27, 2012 |

Isay, DaveEditorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
StoryCorps (Project)secondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Love is all there is . . . [sic.] When you take your last breath you remember the people you love, how much love you inspired, and how much love you gave.

- Lillie Love, Story Corps Facilitator
In memory of Lillie Mae Love 1957-2010
StoryCorps launched in October 2003, when we opened our first booth in Grand Central Terminal in New York City.
It is a very simple idea. You make an appointment to bring in anyone you want to honor by listening. . . . We hope that recording a StoryCorps interview reminds participants how much their lives matter and that experiencing these stories illustrates the power, strength, and wisdom we can find in the voices of the people all around us when we take the time to listen.

The founder of StoryCorps, a national project that records, shares, and preserves the lives of Americans from all backgrounds, presents individuals' love stories from early dating to finding connections and lifelong commitment.

HighBridge Audio

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge Audio.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,483,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible