The Night She Disappeared by April Henry

The Night She Disappeared

by April Henry

This is a great quick read that I think any 9th grader and above would enjoy. This story has very real subject matter that involves teenagers, high schoolers, and I would not want to introduce such subject matter to students under 9th grade. I think they would focus to much on the language and reality of drug use among high school students. But to not take away from the story, it was different on how the perspective of one event is seen through several different character's eyes. It reminded me of "EVERY SOUL A STAR" in its depiction of different first person story telling. Great ending, but it had as much "gusto" as the slow interrogation scenes.3/5 ( )
  MrNattania | Sep 5, 2016 |
  JeffreyNattania | Aug 29, 2016 |
Not for me. ( )
  mmacd3814 | May 30, 2016 |
  dbruscini | Apr 7, 2016 |
A decent teen thriller, but nothing special. ( )
  EmilyRokicki | Feb 26, 2016 |

Gabie drives a Mini Cooper. She also works part time as a delivery girl at Pete’s Pizza. One night, Kayla—another delivery girl—goes missing. To her horror, Gabie learns that the supposed kidnapper had asked if the girl in the Mini Cooper was working that night. Gabie can’t move beyond the fact that Kayla’s fate was really meant for her, and she becomes obsessed with finding Kayla. She teams up with Drew, who also works at Pete’s. Together, they set out to prove that Kayla isn’t dead—and to find her before she is.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:11 -0400)

Told from various viewpoints, Gabie and Drew set out to prove that their missing co-worker Kayla is not dead, and to find her before she is, while the police search for her body and the man who abducted her.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,059,488 books! | Top bar: Always visible