Train Man by Andrea Zimmerman

Train Man

by Andrea Zimmerman

I want to be a train man when I get older. I want to drive a train, just like the train in my room with my little brother.
  leilaeaton | Feb 14, 2014 |
I like how this little boy imagines himself doing ALL THE JOBS: engineer, conductor, ticket agent, mechanic, yardmaster, squirrel feeder... ( )
  MelissaZD | Dec 31, 2013 |
Every little boy's dream. ( )
  Sullywriter | Apr 3, 2013 |
I liked this story, about a little boy whose dream is to become a “train man”. The primary color illustrations are a nice complement, and the sentiment at the end about sharing his love of trains with his baby brother is sweet. However, the teacher in me wishes that just once the authors would have used the word “conductor” instead of “train man.” It’s a simple way to introduce vocabulary and wouldn’t have changed the context of the story. Just my personal 2 cents. There are also 2 other books in this series, Fire Engine Man, and Digger Man. ( )
  novalibrarymom | Mar 31, 2013 |
  novalibrarymom | Mar 30, 2013 |

There are bridges to cross, tunnels to travel through, and mountains to climb so kids can hop on board before the whistle blows.

Told in simple words from a little boy’s point of view, this spot-on picture book celebrates a child’s world of adventure and love of transportation vehicles.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:37 -0400)

A young boy imagines what it would be like to drive a train and take his little brother along for the ride.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,413,445 books! | Top bar: Always visible