Jarred Into Being by Pat Lawrence

Jarred Into Being

by Pat Lawrence

521,436,638 (4.5)None

This story was very readable, and there were enough twists and turns to keep my interest. However, highly sexualized, this isn't a book for everyone.

Final word: A very interesting story that kept me engaged throughout. I kept wanting to know what would happen next, and wanted reassurance that everything would work out for Eva in the end. ( )
  nfmgirl2 | Jan 2, 2012 |
Drama, murder, drugs, deception plus so much more, a heavy load of immorality all wrapped up into one little package.

I was not aware Jarred Into Being was written by more than one person until after I went to write this review. I was actually pleasantly surprised that this book was written by a husband and wife team. I can certainly say that Pat and Daniel did a good job in collaboration of the story. The narrative started out bold and intense with Eva Lange, the main character, finding herself an orphan at a very young age after the death of both her parents in a car accident. Taken in by her dysfunctional, alcoholic, and drug abusing aunt, Eva’s environment quickly turns hostile and soon she finds herself being abused by her aunts live in boyfriends. But Eva still has her dreams and her self-esteem and she refuses to turn into someone like her aunt. After her aunt decides she can't take it anymore, she decides the only way to get away from her abusive partner is to take off, in the process leaving Eva to care for her child. It doesn't take long for Eva to decide to hit the road. Having only a few dollars in her pocket, and a young child to care for, Eva needs a plan. Part of her plan causes her much emotional distress, but soon she is on her own and on her way to a new life. Eva continues to carry a black cloud over her head and everywhere she goes someone is out to use or abuse her. Eventually, Eva finds some solace for sometime but not before ending up a sex slave to a Colombian drug lord and his wife. This book was quite the page turner and kept me on edge throughout most of the book until the last couple of chapters. By that point, Eva Lange's character actually began to drag and get boring as she continuously seemed to be easily manipulated by her then attorney/lover and his entourage. These men seemed to give in to her ridiculous ideas and it just didn't seem realistic anymore. I mean, I know the book is fiction but I fee if Pat and Daniel would of used an alternate idea, something more plausible, for how Eva wanted to seek revenge, it would have been more interesting. The plot was strong throughout most of the book then seemed to fizzle out in the end, which left me sort of deflated. ( )
  autumnblues | Nov 8, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,233,438 books! | Top bar: Always visible