Chocolicious by Geraldine Solon

Chocolicious

by Geraldine Solon

WHAT I LIKED:
The main male character stayed around regardless of the main female character's difficulties. He really cared....ahhhh. Great love interest development.
Emphasis on family traditions was fantastic. Makes you wish for if you never had.
Nothing like sisterly love to carry you through.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE:
Passion was distasteful and could have been written without adding a lump of syrup to two servings of just the right amount of sugar coated love. I'm not a prude. It's just that reference to 'cock thrusting' did not seem to flow with the storyline.
The author appeared to have dragged the story out with uninteresting events happening within events much of which were entirely too sappy.

IF YOU FIND THE FOLLOWING OFFENSIVE, YOU MAY NOT WANT TO READ THIS BOOK:
"....thrust his hard cock inside her", (Okay....to be honest with you he only thrust twice in the book).
"Oh George, don't you know how sexy you are when you have chocolate all over your mouth." (What? Whoa ! ) ( )
  Chandra-of-Red | Mar 27, 2012 |
Reviewed by JoAnne
Review copy provided by Geraldine Solon
From the beginning this book captured my attention and I didn't want to put it down. It had deception, intrigue, romance and real life angst throughout. You had no choice but to hope that Blair's life as well as her newborn daughter's would turn out well. Family and friends played an important role and everyday life often got in the way. I'm not sure I would classify what Larry Nightingale did as a mistake as much as illegal and dishonest but however it's categorized his wife Blair pays the price and everything she does is to ensure her survival. As I read I knew that those rich filled, three-layered chocolate cupcakes that her grandmother baked had to play a major role in the story and I wasn't disappointed. So many details went into the description of the cupcakes that I could almost taste them. I recommend this book and look forward to reading other books by Geraldine Solon since this is the second book of hers that I've read and
thoroughly enjoyed.

Favorite Quote: "Vicki took a bite from Blair's piece and licked her lips." ""Ooooh, it's sinful. We have to let Liz and Dave try it." ( )
  RtB | Jan 25, 2012 |
This book was so amazing! Fast-paced, but not too fast, and really fun, Chocolicious makes you fall in love with Blair and lets you feel everything she's going through!

Read more: http://thisgreatperhapsless.blogspot.com/2011/09/review-chocolicious-by-geraldin...
  misamille | Oct 5, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 146369993X, Paperback)

A week after Blair Nightingale's husband, Larry, dies, she learns she's about to lose everything she owns due to a foolish mistake Larry made. In an instant, Blair's life is transformed from rich, Silicon Valley trophy wife to poor, widowed single mom. Her only goal now is to provide for her daughter. As Blair begins to pick up the pieces, George--Larry's best friend and the man she truly resents--seems to always be around. When Blair is overwhelmed by all the challenges she faces, she seeks comfort in baking rich, filled, three-layered chocolate cupcakes that her grandmother once taught her, and soon Blair's life is changed forever.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:19 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,427,358 books! | Top bar: Always visible