The Walking Dead, Vol. 15: We Find Ourselves…

The Walking Dead, Vol. 15: We Find Ourselves (edition 2011)

by Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard (Illustrator), Cliff Rathburn (Illustrator)

Member:Othemts
Title:The Walking Dead, Vol. 15: We Find Ourselves
Authors:Robert Kirkman
Other authors:Charlie Adlard (Illustrator), Cliff Rathburn (Illustrator)
Info:Image Comics (2011), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 132 pages
Rating:***
Tags:READ2012

The Walking Dead, Volume 15: We Find Ourselves by Robert Kirkman

***May be spoilers ahead***

This was the worst volume yet.

There isn't much action going on, it's the aftermath of destroying the zombie herd, so everybody cleans up and talks a lot. There was a failed scavenger hunt for food, and people had sex. I really wanted Carl to die, it looked like a chunk of his head was missing, it's strange he survived being shot in the face. The ending was weird, Andrea kisses Rick. I mean what the actual fuck. It is really starting to get ridiculous - it feels like Kirkman gets a bit horny whilst writing his plots and so sticks in a random romance scene. I mean has everyone had sex with everyone by now? How are people not getting pregnant?! It's a good job they aren't because the next generation would all be related to each other. It's so odd.

Also the guy that tried to lead a mini rebellion against Rick, took him all of 2 seconds after Rick threatened him to do a whole 180 and start to parrot Rick's values. That's just not realistic to me.

I really hope the story picks up again because this was a complete snooze fest. ( )
  KittyBimble | Mar 2, 2015 |
The community decides their future after the events of the last volume. Some people aren't too happy about it. Plus, a surprise at the end!

A good, solid volume. The growth of the characters since the beginning is evident. They begin thinking about their future, rather than just how to survive the night. ( )
  norabelle414 | May 11, 2014 |
I was counting down the days until I could get my hands on a copy of this book. So pressed! Volume 14 left me breathless and I needed to know what came next. How would the community recover from the events of the previous issue? How would the characters cope? Well, all my questions were answered. That's nice, I guess. Not too pleased with one of the budding romantic relationships. Maybe it will grow on me over time. ( )
  diovival | Oct 14, 2013 |
I read this more than a year after Vol 14....which makes for a very difficult read since there have been at least 100 other books since then. Still, the story is compelling and the artwork is deliciously disgusting. ( )
  lesmel | May 15, 2013 |
After 15 volumes there isn’t much new to say about the Walking Dead Graphic series. In this volume there is a shift from Rick’s previous stance of keeping his group separate and apart from others. In the aftermath of the last zombie battle, he is now trying to pull together with the other residents of the community to create a place of safety with the long term goal of re-establishing an organized civilization.

I am a little concerned with the direction that the story is taking as I fear it could become more of a character drive soap opera than an action packed adventure. But I am still interested in the characters and hopefully another crisis or conflict will arise that will keep the series from becoming stagnant. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Apr 15, 2013 |

Robert Kirkmanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Adlard, CharlieIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Rathburn, CliffIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

The events of No Way Out have affected everyone in the Community, and not everyone has survived to pick up the pieces.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,282,600 books! | Top bar: Always visible