Interview with Gods by i Cavalcanti

Interview with Gods

by i Cavalcanti

1915537,190 (1.29)None

English (15)  Dutch (1)  All (16)
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I honestly have nothing good to say about this book. It was hard to follow, and felt like I was reading a manual of some type. I had a hard time NOT putting this book down and saying forget it. ( )
  crazyladyx5 | Jun 7, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I couldn't get past the first chapter of this book. The writing is terrible and boring. For example, one paragraph: "It is January 2007 and we are in the world one more day - an afternoon or an evening, depending on where you are. Millions sleep in their homes in parts of Europe, Asia, and Oceania, while in America mothers prepare breakfast for their families. Young people are at universities, police catch criminals, children are born, and men die. Everything occurs at the same time in all parts or [sic] the world. There will always be someone sleeping and someone waking up." Did you get the part about how it's afternoon, evening, morning, night, simultaneously? Are you sure? Just in case you didn't get that, the next paragraph continues "At millions of homes around the globe in the morning, afternoon, or evening,...". ( )
  kiracle | May 16, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I think this guy had the idea to use his programming background to create a new kind of logical architecture for fiction. Neat. However, despite what should be system prowess, he has failed to master the formulas governing the grammar and syntax of fiction writing. I have to say his idea is not uninteresting but he has not found a way of making the situation intriguing or involving. Then he wants to somehow wind a kind of techno-spy-alien story together with a silly utopian environmental vision...you can feel him checking off the boxes on his outline of interests he wished to include.

Novel fail.

Pretty soon I will completely avoid accepting ARCs of books that are only issued in an eformat - the quality is so poor that even at the price of free they are too expensive. ( )
1 vote souci | Mar 14, 2012 |
The interview with God by I Cavalcanti

I must confess that this book was the antithesis of what I had expected to find in it. Obviously I have my own personal convictions toward GOD and creation and I find this work of science-fiction to be somewhat troubling and all together disquieting…

Anyone could ask the fundamental question: Does GOD, the Holy Spirit need to appear to the people he created in any earthly form or manner? And indeed, is there anything that human logic can apply to the Creator?

The fact is that there is no logic at all to use when you try to penetrate the Devine. God is beyond any human reach, despite our attempts to employ earthly logic to the matter… Thus this book maybe intriguing perhaps, it is well composed after all and it easily reveals the author’s background (computer systems etc.). But, it is far away from any prototype of interaction between human beings and the Divine that has resulted throughout the history of life and creation up to this moment… In a way, this book seems to be a bulk format of Star Trek. For people who enjoy this kind of analysis, this book could interest them… to the more spiritual and philosophical people, I wouldn’t recommend it.
  Theresedvir | Feb 13, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Made it to the first interview (Chapter 6) and couldn't bear it anymore. The book may have an interesting premise but is poorly written with turgid language that tries to be clever with pseudo-spiritual claptrap. But it's dry and preachy with a very shallow narrative framing the interviews. Maybe it gets better (but I doubt it given I got nearly half way through) and I'm not going to hang around with it to find out. ( )
  spbooks | Jan 31, 2012 |
From the not-so-distant space, the sight of our planet is like a large aquarium, a life sphere surrounded by a freezing vacuum.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

i Cavalcanti's book Interview with Gods was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

i Cavalcanti is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,758,992 books! | Top bar: Always visible