Choices in the Great Circle by Lin Conklin

Choices in the Great Circle (edition 2011)

by Lin Conklin

Member:earthwindwalker
Title:Choices in the Great Circle
Authors:Lin Conklin
Info:Amethyst Moon (2011), Paperback, 408 pages
Collections:To read, Ebooks

Choices in the Great Circle by Lin Conklin

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book as an Early Reviewer. I have tried several times to get into this book and have been unsuccessful. There was just nothing that grabbed me and pulled me in. The characters were flat and uninteresting to me. I have finished books before that I have had a difficult time getting into but was not able to persevere in this case. ( )
  SciFantasyFan | Sep 17, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received it as an early reviewer. I really tried to finish this book. I started it several times and the characters didn't grab me. The story line is hard to decipher at times. I liked the main idea of the book but the execution was sorely lacking. ( )
  amy1705 | Sep 9, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Received as an early reviewer copy for LibraryThing: I liked the story, though there were some forced morals. I would like to give this book to a teen or tween girl and get her feedback... In the meantime, i think it could be used in a writing or literature class, there is a lot to discuss, such as the writing, the very apparent moral lessons, and to talk about decision-making. ( )
  ladykat | Sep 6, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Received as an early reviewer copy for LibraryThing: I found myself frustrated by the repetitive mistakes of the main character, Amay, and her apparent ignorance despite her reputed skill in the pagan arts. I enjoyed the story, but it seemed somewhat stilted at times with only the thoughts of characters or dialogue to glean the storyline. I liked the mysterious nature of some of the characters, but would have loved to see more explanation of the "old Ways" and the two factions that involved Ixion and Amay (and her mother). Overall, I was glad I read it and there are some universal truths about human nature and happiness only to be found following your own dreams or "path" that are glaring throughout. I'd recommend to a friend for a lazy summer read. ( )
  pawood17 | Jul 20, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really enjoy good historical fiction. I tried to like this book. I wanted to like it. But I just couldn't. It meandered. The characters didn't compel my attention. I wasn't able to finish it.
  bunkie68 | May 30, 2012 |

From the time she was a small child, Amay has been interested in learning the ancient secrets, rituals and healing rites known as the Old Ways. Because of her bloodline, Amay is a candidate to become the leader of the Old Ways, the Charisa. Amay's suitor, the older, powerful Robin, has strong connections with the Church, making him influential and prosperous. Ixion is a respected practitioner of the Old Ways and is descended from the magical Lumenine race. If Amay marries Robin, her life would be easy and filled with material riches, but Ixion is the true love of her life. However, choosing either man would mean she would forfeit her chance to become the Charisa, who is forbidden to marry. To further complicate Amay's life, Kelle, who is jealous of Amay's destiny and spurred on by her evil mother, makes several attempts to destroy Amay and stop her training in the sacred teachings. When the Old Ways are threatened to be annihilated to make room for the new Christian traditions, Amay is forced to make tough choices -- choices which may mean the difference between the survival and the end of the Old Ways.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:02 -0400)

Lin Conklin is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Choices in the Great Circle by Lin Conklin was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,356,165 books! | Top bar: Always visible