Sea by Mark Laita

I've had this book for a while, and I remember when I bought it, how excited I was. And of course it sat on my shelf even though it is full of photography, and barely any words. It wouldn't take long to get through really. It's a coffee table book, but perfect if you are into photography and undersea animals.

There's a short intro in the beginning of the book, on how Laita photographed (most of) the creatures: in his studio in tanks. It's similar to the technique used by David Liittschwager and Susan Middleton in Archipelago: Portraits of Life in the World's Most Remote Island Sanctuary. It really brings out the details and stunning colors of the marine life, though sometimes I was wondering, are these even real!? Nature is just gorgeous and Laita's photography really highlights this. ( )
1 vote preetalina | May 11, 2012 |

"With cutting-edge photographic techniques, Mark Laita unveils the full splendor and other-worldliness of the ocean's inhabitants in an entirely new and thrilling way"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,373,161 books! | Top bar: Always visible