Afraid to Die by Lisa Jackson

I'm still on the edge of my seat!!! Crazy good!!! ( )
  Max_E._Stone | Jul 13, 2016 |
From Amazon:

Others may dread the chill of winter, but he relishes it. The way the frigid water preserves his victims, the feel of their icy skin beneath his fingers...And soon the world will see their beauty - and his vengeance. The town of Grizzly Falls is on edge in the wake of a serial killer, and Detective Selena Alvarez is no exception. That case was solved, but a new nightmare is about to unfold. There are two victims so far - their bodies found frozen solid and deliberately displayed. Both are women she knew. And each wears a piece of Selena's jewelry. Selena's partner, Detective Regan Pescoli, and the entire department are on the case, as is P.I. Dylan O'Keefe - a man Selena got too close to once before. But this killer already knows too much about Selena's secret terror, her flaws, and the past she's tried to outrun. And soon he'll show her that she has every reason to be afraid.

My Thoughts:

There is some predictability to the series, there is the setting, the cases all seem to crop up at the holidays year after year. There are the issues with Regan's children who as teens whose behavior is similar to so many teens we all know. There are the holiday preparations that occur down at the police station and the odd residents of the town. Some may not enjoy the repetition but then again this is what makes the characters seem so real and like someone from your own neighborhood. I look forward to the next chapter in the Alvarez/Pescoli to Die for series. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
This book definately kept me on my toes. Everytime i thought it was this character no it wasnt. Then that character no it wasnt. It was a guessing game and a good one at that . You have to read it .... ( )
1 vote chymekeeper | Aug 21, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was another great book in the Selena Alvarez/Regan Pescoli series. The book has a crazy serial killer and two strong women detectives. In previous books the focus was more on the Regan Pescoli character, but this one focused on Selena Alvarez and her background. It was an absorbing read that I didn't want to put down. ( )
1 vote booksgaloreca | Apr 3, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was enjoyable. I haven’t read the other books of the series, but there’s enough background to give you the gist of things. I do find it a little odd that serial killers keep ending up in this tiny Montana town during the holidays, but it wouldn’t be the first fictional location to see more than its share of strangeness. I found the tie to Selena’s past to be interesting, and the killer’s methods compelling. Also, the author does a nice job of using the weather and terrain to her favor. So, nothing exciting, but not a bad read with a satisfying bit of romance. ( )
1 vote miyurose | Nov 14, 2012 |
Prologue

San Bernardino County
Six Years Earlier

What the hell is she doing here?

Others may dread the chill of winter, but he relishes it. The way the frigid water preserves his victims, the feel of their icy skin beneath his fingers. . . And soon the world will see their beauty--and his vengeance.

The town of Grizzly Falls is on edge in the wake of a serial killer, and Detective Selena Alvarez is no exception. That case was solved, but a new nightmare is about to unfold. There are two victims so far--their bodies found frozen solid and deliberately displayed. Both are women she knew. And each wears a piece of Selena's jewelry...

Selena's partner, Detective Regan Pescoli, and the entire department are on the case, as is P.I. Dylan O'Keefe--a man Selena got too close to once before. But this killer already knows too much about Selena's secret terror, her flaws, and the past she's tried to outrun. And soon he'll show her that she has every reason to be afraid...

Detectives Selena Alvarez and Regan Pescoli investigate after two women's bodies are found frozen and deliberately displayed with both victims wearing a piece of Selena's jewelry.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Lisa Jackson's book Afraid To Die was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,075,293 books! | Top bar: Always visible