Kill All Enemies by Melvin Burgess

Kill All Enemies

by Melvin Burgess

This book tells the stories of three troubled teens, the sort of kids a lot of society just dismiss and look down on, and gives them a voice to tell their side of the story. Burgess doesn’t try to excuse the things they do but instead offers an explanation for their behaviour and shows that people aren’t simply good or bad. The teenagers feel very authentic, I could relate their behaviour to a couple of teens I know. This book is funny, poignant and thought provoking and a real page turner, I will be certainly be reading more by Burgess. ( )
  juniperjungle | Apr 16, 2013 |
  juniperjungle | Apr 16, 2013 |
I really liked this read because of the realistic characters. They are probably the most realistic characters I have come across in a book so far which is always a good thing. They weren't likeable all the time but they each had their own story that came together in the end in a way that makes you question the way society works sometimes.

It's a good author that can make you like and dislike a character at the same time. The characters did stupid things sometimes and yet I felt for them when they continued to be misunderstood.

It makes you realise that a person's actions are for a reason whether it be good or bad. I won't bore you with a rant about society from me because I'll get carried away, but, it really makes you think twice about judging someone based on their actions and your immediate response.

Having said that the book didn't sit well with me at times. I can't place it exactly but the jump between characters and events sort of frustrated me somehow. Maybe there could have been more details and such but sometimes the book was uncomfortable to read. For me anyways.

I do recommend this one though. It's the book that makes you think whilst reading it in order to understand what's going on fully. It's a good read. ( )
  GloriousBooks | Oct 25, 2011 |

Everyone says fourteen-year-old Billie is nothing but trouble. A fighter. A danger to her family and friends. But her care worker sees someone different. Her classmate Rob is big, strong; he can take care of himself and his brother. But his violent stepdad sees someone to humiliate. And Chris is struggling at school; he just doesn't want to be there. But his dad sees a useless no-hoper. Billie, Rob and Chris each have a story to tell. But there are two sides to every story, and the question is ...who do you believe?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:51 -0400)

Everyone says fourteen-year-old Billie is nothing but trouble. A fighter. A danger to her family and friends. But her care worker sees someone different.But there are two sides to every story, and the question is ...who do you believe?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,450,106 books! | Top bar: Always visible