Perilous Refuge by Patricia Wilson

Perilous Refuge

by Patricia Wilson

When Helen Andrews's (who is 24) boss is transferred to America the new boss (hero-Ross Maclean, 35) comes over to England from America to take his place. Ross is the son of the founder of the giant firm Maclean International. Helen isn't happy with this. She likes her safe, secure world and wants nothing to change. (She has a 19-year-old sister Tina, and 3-year-old daughter Tansy that she is raising.) But when Helen's abusive ex-husband suddenly shows up and wants custody of Tansy, Ross offers a solution, and asks Helen to marry him.

I enjoyed this book so much! I loved the swoon-worthy hero Ross who was smitten with Helen all along. I liked how he got on with Helen's sister Tina and her daughter Tansy. I liked how he made them happy again and not afraid of Helen's mean ex-husband Miles. I enjoyed the jealous moments in the book. Helen was a likable heroine that finally started coming out of her shell, thanks to Ross. I thought Helen's daughter Tansy was cute and sweet. I liked Helen's feisty sister Tina (who referred to Helen's ex as Pig). I also liked how the sexual tension built up slowly throughout the book. (It took them a while to finally make love).

Lovely story that takes place mostly in England, at the end of the year, around Christmas. ( )
  SandraLynne | Jan 9, 2017 |

One man in a lifetime was one too many

Ross Maclean was as male as they got, filled with everything Helen Andrews hated and feared: masculine aggression, sexual power, unbending strength. Defense mechanisms went on full alert the moment she laid eyes on her new boss. Helen had a family to protect, a job she needed and a past that left fear and uncertainty where there should have been flesh-and-blood woman.

But Ross dared to tread where her door had closed, unable to quell his longing for this fragile beauty with the strength often. Was he strong enough to crack that fortress around Helen's heart--and offer refuge in his own?

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,991,330 books! | Top bar: Always visible