Suicide Squad, Vol. 4 #1 by Adam Glass

Suicide Squad, Vol. 4 #1

by Adam Glass, Federico Dallocchio (Illustrator)

Other authors: Ransom Getty (Illustrator), Scott Hanna (Illustrator), Marco Rudy (Editor), Val Staples

144683,257 (3)None

I'm still not impressed by the new Harley Quinn ( )
  Jychelle88 | Oct 16, 2017 |
This slim issue was a giveaway at last year's Free Comic Book Day, but I just finally got around to reading it. Free Comic Book Day issues tend to be teasers that don't say much, although this particular one had the double duty of trying to hook the reader into this new run of Suicide Squad as well drive people to the theaters for the movie. Surprisingly, this issue works pretty well as a standalone, even though it's obviously meant as prelude to a larger story. It introduces members of the Suicide Squad being caught and tortured by masked goons, with each person recalling their past criminal life that landed them in jail ... which ultimately lead to them becoming part of the Suicide Squad. The writing and illustrations were both actually much better than I expected, considering how awful the movie of the same name looks. But that being said, it wasn't interesting enough for me to want to invest in another series right now. ( )
  sweetiegherkin | Feb 24, 2017 |
I don't know a lot about Suicide Squad. My buddy let me check out a Blu-Ray of them and then thought I might like to read Kicked in the Teeth. I will admit, the premise is cool. Some of the biggest and the baddest hooligans in the land are assembled to do top secret missions that regular heroes can't or wouldn't do. Harley Quinn, Deadshot, King Shark, El Diablo. There are others as well. They have plenty of work to do as assigned by their handler Amanda Waller. It's only a matter of time before things get complicated.

I liked the first book, but it didn't wow me. It's interesting enough to keep reading, but I have a lot of other stuff in the pipeline right now to keep me occupied. ( )
  VungTauMantis | Jan 24, 2016 |
Not very interesting issue. Nothing really happens. Six people bound. Tortured. Some slight flashback going on for most of the characters bound. Some vague revealing of why they are where they are. Quite boring. ( )
1 vote MikeBriggs | Jan 26, 2014 |

Adam Glassprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dallocchio, FedericoIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Getty, RansomIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hanna, ScottIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rudy, MarcoEditorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Staples, Valsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,444,513 books! | Top bar: Always visible