American Vampire - Vol. 3 by Scott Snyder

American Vampire - Vol. 3 (edition 2012)

by Scott Snyder

Member:sgram
Title:American Vampire - Vol. 3
Authors:Scott Snyder
Info:Vertigo (2012), Hardcover, 288 pages
Collections:Comics
Tags:Horror, Vampires

American Vampire Vol. 3 by Scott Snyder

The story only gets better as the vamps hit the South Pacific and discover new races of vampire. ( )
  DougGoodman | Apr 7, 2016 |
I don't like where the story is going. At first I thought a great idea, but now... It just doesn't get my expectetions high enough. ( )
  Glaucialm | Feb 18, 2016 |
In the first story in this volume, Pearl's husband Henry goes on a secret mission to Japan to hunt a new breed of vampire and in the second story, vampire hunters Felicia Book and Cash McCogan have personal reasons for going behind enemy lines in Nazi-occupied Romania and end up finding something quite unexpected. This is a great series with even greater art - Albuquerque is a great artist and this series is worth a look for his sake alone. The vampire genre has veered toward the romantic for a long enough time now and this is a great return to the blood-thirsty monster we all know and love - Nazi vampires are a great combo when you're going for scary. ( )
  -Eva- | Oct 17, 2015 |
In professional wrestling, there's this term for a specific kind of character called a "tweener". A tweener is basically a guy who's generally in it for himself. He's not exactly a heel (bad guy) or babyface (good guy), he's more so inbetween. A prime example would be Stone Cold Steve Austin, a guy who exhibits traits of a rule breaker but is beloved by the fans.

If we took the American Vampire universe and labeled the characters in relation to their actions, Skinner Sweet would be the definition of a tweener. Sure, you could argue that he fits the role typically portrayed by a villain but with some of his actions in Volume 3, Skinner is often walking that line between good and evil.

In Volume 3, Snyder moves the setting to the 1940s and the conflict of World War II. By that alone, Snyder's already got me interested. If you ask anyone, Nazi's are the true measuring stick in regards to the level of evil the human race can sink to. When you throw vampires in the mix as soldiers of the Reich, you're sinking so low you might as well be operating out of Hell.

While the first two volumes are just plain excellent, the third installment truly takes things up a notch. The ongoing development of some of these characters has lead the series into some fantastic story telling. Snyder is just churning out compelling fiction, leaving nothing off the page. Emotions are running high as characters like Skinner Sweet, Pearl Jones and Felicia Book interact throughout history, desperately trying to rid the world of one another.

This Scott Snyder guy is something else. I've yet to read anything of his that doesn't grip me from the beginning and leave me wanting more. There's so much to love within this series and so far, I can't recommend it enough. ( )
1 vote branimal | Apr 1, 2014 |
Best volume of the three so far. Gutted I don't have book 4 to hand. ( )
1 vote Kate_Ward | Nov 12, 2013 |

Scott Snyderprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Albuquerque, RafaelIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Murphy, SeanIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Murphy, Sean Gordonsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

When the bodies of prominent businessmen start showing up drained of blood, Chief Cash McCogan must get to the bottom of the case--even if it means fighting the evil undead.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,921,097 books! | Top bar: Always visible