Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
John (Paideia: Commentaries on the New Testament) (2011)
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 080103454X, Paperback)In this addition to the well-received Paideia series, Jo-Ann Brant examines cultural context and theological meaning in John. Paideia commentaries explore how New Testament texts form Christian readers by
• attending to the ancient narrative and rhetorical strategies the text employs
• showing how the text shapes theological convictions and moral habits
• commenting on the final, canonical form of each New Testament book
• focusing on the cultural, literary, and theological settings of the text
• making judicious use of maps, photos, and sidebars in a reader-friendly format
This commentary, like each in the projected eighteen-volume series, proceeds by sense units rather than word-by-word or verse-by-verse.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:28 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.