Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 1 (The Parasol…

Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 1 (The Parasol Protectorate (Manga)) (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Gail Carriger, Rem (Illustrator)

Member:Tmyres77
Title:Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 1 (The Parasol Protectorate (Manga))
Authors:Gail Carriger
Other authors:Rem (Illustrator)
Info:Yen Press (2012), Paperback, 224 pages
Rating:*****

Soulless: The Manga, Volume 1 by Gail Carriger (2012)

I loved it! Being a fan of the series, I was really excited when the manga came out. I'm looking forward to reading the second one too. The art is gorgeous.

One thing that I would say is that I'm glad that I read the series first because Gail Carriger's writing is unique and fun to read. In the books, we get into the character's heads a lot more than can be expressed in manga. I think that I wouldn't have been as engaged in the manga if I hadn't read the books first.

This is definitely something to check out if you like her other books. ( )
  BuffyBarber | Jun 5, 2016 |
Really fun to read. ( )
  RyaneCandyce | Feb 15, 2016 |
A delightfully witty manga version of Gail Carriger's novel "Soulless". It was everything that the wonderful book was....but with pictures to boot! It is both a great introduction to the series and an excellent addendum for those who are already familiar with the Parasol Protectorate Series of novels. I simply cannot wait for Vol. #2! ( )
  ThothJ | Dec 4, 2015 |
  ThothJ | Dec 3, 2015 |
  ThothJ | Dec 3, 2015 |

Gail Carrigerprimary authorall editionscalculated
REMIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Is an adaptation of

Mama, it says here that a new gentlemen's club opened last week in Mayfair.

"Alexia Tarabotti is laboring under a great many social tribulations. First, she has no soul. Second, she's a spinster whose father is both Italian and dead. Third, she was rudely attacked by a vampire, breaking all standards of social etiquette. Where to go from there? From bad to worse apparently, for Alexia accidentally kills the vampire -- and then the appalling Lord Maccon (loud, messy, gorgeous, and werewolf) is sent by Queen Victoria to investigate. With unexpected vampires appearing and expected vampires disappearing, everyone seems to believe Alexia responsible. Can she figure out what is actually happening to London's high society? Or will her soulless ability to negate supernatural powers prove useful or just plain embarrassing? Finally, who is the real enemy, and do they have treacle tart?"--Amazon.com, viewed February 23, 2012.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,685,241 books! | Top bar: Always visible