Flesh & Bone (Benny Imura (Rot and Ruin)) by…

Flesh & Bone (Benny Imura (Rot and Ruin)) (edition 2012)

by Jonathan Maberry

Member:lesleydawn
Title:Flesh & Bone (Benny Imura (Rot and Ruin))
Authors:Jonathan Maberry
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2012), Hardcover, 480 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Horror, 2012

Flesh & Bone by Jonathan Maberry

Fire & Ash by Jonathan Maberry (JacobDecker)
    JacobDecker: Continuation of the story

Not as much zombie action as the first two books, this was more of the emotional side of things. But it was still good. Now, onto Fire & Ash. ( )
  nycke137 | Jul 29, 2014 |
Maberry churns them out I keep reading them and I love all of them.
They are getting close to the end but what will the find? I couldnt put this down. ( )
  JacobDecker | Apr 22, 2014 |
Thus far I like this book the least of them all, but certainly not because the writing or subject matter was poor or lacking in anyway.
This book deals heavily with loss and depression, loneliness and pain both internal and otherwise, and it addresses the issue of mortality in a much deeper and more mature manner than the previous two books.
What I disliked was the mood, but certainly not the message. Messages.
In fact, it is through this book that I not only feel as if I've gotten to know (not necessarily like) the characters but also Maberry himself. We all know that fiction is not necessarily a reflection the author's beliefs but I got the distinct sense that Maberry was making some serious social commentary. Normally this might annoy me, but much of it was necessary and well placed. My sense was confirmed by the post script wherein Maberry discusses some of his personal tragedies that occurred while writing this book and how they molded/shaped/affected him.
All in all the actual action was tightly woven with the character's emotional evolution and this made for a dark and bruised tale that often felt slow.
I liked this installment and I hurt for the characters we've met and learned to care for, which is a testament to Maberry's skill.
I am tired of losing beloved characters though.
I'll go on to finish this series once I've dried my tears and bound my wounds and have said a prayer of gratitude. ( )
  khaalidah | Mar 14, 2014 |

Benny, Nix, Lou, and Lilah journey through a fierce wilderness that was once America searching for the jet they saw months ago, while evading fierce animals and a new kind of zombie.

Jonathan Maberry is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Jonathan Maberry chatted with LibraryThing members from Mar 22, 2010 to Apr 4, 2010. Read the chat.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,091,575 books! | Top bar: Always visible