Flesh & Bone (Benny Imura (Rot and Ruin)) by…

Flesh & Bone (Benny Imura (Rot and Ruin)) (edition 2012)

by Jonathan Maberry

Member:lesleydawn
Title:Flesh & Bone (Benny Imura (Rot and Ruin))
Authors:Jonathan Maberry
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2012), Hardcover, 480 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Horror, 2012

Flesh & Bone by Jonathan Maberry

Fire & Ash by Jonathan Maberry (JacobDecker)
    JacobDecker: Continuation of the story

Read/Listened for Fun (Hardcover/Audible)
Overall Rating: 4.25
Story Rating: 4.50
Character Rating: 4.00

Audio Rating: 4.00 (not part of the overall rating)

First Thought when Finished: Dang that epilogue--Flesh and Bone by Jonathan Maberry made me cry---AGAIN!

Overall Thoughts:Jonathan Maberry is one of those writers that I adore. He writes stories that make you scream, laugh, and cry. Even though this is a YA series, the teenagers seem to have a better world view than the adults. There is a little angst but overall this is a world where you have people to root for. I would never survive the Zombie Apocalypse.

Audio Thoughts:

Narrated By Brian Hutchinson / Length: 10 hrs and 46 mins

I really enjoy Brian's narration of this series. He is great at hitting all the different emotions and character moments.

Part of my Read It, Rate It, File It, DONE! ( )
  thehistorychic | Apr 7, 2015 |
Didn't go where I thought it would. I know this is technically YA, but it could have had a bit more depth. I get the dealing with grief in our way etc etc....BUT the story took a good twist, introduced a character, now I am most curious as to where Mr. Maberry is going with some other...ideas. I do have to say that the series so far has had some interesting twists and turns and there is some good zombie action.And if you get to book 3 send me a message, I would like to chat about the future prospects !! ( )
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
This was more of a 4.5 star book.

This series is fast becoming my favorite zombie series ever. Benny Imura in the first book [b:Rot and Ruin|7157310|Rot and Ruin (Benny Imura, #1)|Jonathan Maberry|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1264898635s/7157310.jpg|7443037] was beyond childish. He has started growing on me in the last books and now I'm actually a fan of his.
This book is very fast moving. With zoms/gray people/walkers every where. The virus is starting to mutate and I'm fascinated to see where Maberry goes with it.

In this book the four teenagers are still trying to find the jet that they saw fly over in book one. They end up coming across a religious cult that turned my blood cold. Mama Rose and Father John are some major sickos. Some people have downed this book saying they couldn't see this happening. Hello? Similar things have happened and we aren't even in a zombie apocolypse.

There was quite a bit of the zombie collector cards in the first book. The kids were younger and more naive then. They aren't mentioned as much in the other books but in this one there was mention of a Sheriff Rick card. I can't say how much I loved that.
  bookqueenshelby | Sep 9, 2014 |
Yep. Still love zombies. And I really liked that there was finally an explanation for the zombie plague. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |

Benny, Nix, Lou, and Lilah journey through a fierce wilderness that was once America searching for the jet they saw months ago, while evading fierce animals and a new kind of zombie.

Jonathan Maberry is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Jonathan Maberry chatted with LibraryThing members from Mar 22, 2010 to Apr 4, 2010. Read the chat.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,154,645 books! | Top bar: Always visible