Flesh & Bone (Benny Imura (Rot and Ruin)) by…

Flesh & Bone (Benny Imura (Rot and Ruin)) (edition 2012)

by Jonathan Maberry

Member:lesleydawn
Title:Flesh & Bone (Benny Imura (Rot and Ruin))
Authors:Jonathan Maberry
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2012), Hardcover, 480 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Horror, 2012

Flesh & Bone by Jonathan Maberry

Fire & Ash by Jonathan Maberry (JacobDecker)
    JacobDecker: Continuation of the story

This didn't seem like the final book in a trilogy. And I'm not sure how I feel about that. No, I'm not really happy about never seeing Benny and Nix again, but is there anything else to say? I kinda hope so.

I liked this one less than the first two, but maybe because the story seemed to be tamer or maybe because it was winding down.

One thing I hated: "red mouths" and "red doors." I wanted to be sick when I read those phrases. And I read them a whole heck of a lot over the course of 400 pages. Blech. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
This book was a positive for the series. I felt a little down after reading Dust & Decay because it felt like a bigger and badder sequel with nothing new to offer. Flesh & Bone was an exciting addition. At the end of the first book Benny and Nix saw a jet, finally in this story they are off to find the jet. Along the way they realize the zombies are even more unpredictable then ever; they seem smarter. They also come into contact with a murderous cult called the Night Church lead by Mother Rose and Saint John. The Reapers of the Night Church have a goal of sending heretics to the darkness (death), for which all people should someday be privileged to go to. There is also another name they keep hearing about, Sanctuary. A place that some are trying to make it to and the Night Church is trying to destroy.

The first 50 pages of this book consisted of one zombie fight scene with Benny at the forefront. This for me was a little much. I feel like the author is trying to elongate the series. Once we get through the beginning we get to the meat of the story and there is a lot of it. I like the addition of the cult. Even though evil cults are often being used as antagonists, they are good in this storyline. There are some great new characters in this story, such as Riot, Ranger Joe, and Joe’s awesome armored dog Grimm. Maberry has a way of always writing amazing endings where everything culminates in a grand scene and you can’t stop reading -- and yet we are anxiously waiting for the next storyline to proceed. Maberry has done it again and I will be picking up the next book in this series. ( )

clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |
Excellent third book in the series. Benny, Nix, Lilah, & Chong move on after shutting down Gameland and losing Tom. As usual the action picks up right away and they are facing death by the hand of zombies and a strange cult-like group called the Reapers. The leaders of the Reapers (Saint John and Mother Rose) have convinced their followers that it is their duty to lead the living to the peace of the darkness. Highly trained and using ATVs, the Reapers prove to be a monumental challenge for Benny & the gang. They meet a little girl (Eve) running alone scared. They later meet Eve's family in a tense encounter. Fast paced with non-stop action. Everyone they meet can be a friend or a foe and they don't have a lot of time to decide. When they find the remains of a plane carrying a possible key to the cure for the plague the plot thickens. Will they all make it to the "safety" of the Sanctuary? Who is an enemy? a foe? Read this one in a little over a day. Looking forward to reading the fourth and final installment of this series. ( )
  alsparks | Dec 24, 2015 |

Benny, Nix, Lou, and Lilah journey through a fierce wilderness that was once America searching for the jet they saw months ago, while evading fierce animals and a new kind of zombie.

Jonathan Maberry is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Jonathan Maberry chatted with LibraryThing members from Mar 22, 2010 to Apr 4, 2010. Read the chat.

92 wanted3 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,598,226 books! | Top bar: Always visible