Valiant (New Species, Book Three) by Laurann…

Valiant (New Species, Book Three)

by Laurann Dohner

I love this series, New Species.  I was hooked immediately after starting book 1.  I just had to take a short pause in reading to do a review for Valiant (book 3).  My friend, who knows how I love strong, controlling, sexy, possessive, beast-like book boyfriends, recommended this series.  I messaged her mid-way through the first thanking her.  She couldn't wait for me to get to Valiant, knowing that I would love him.

The New Species are human/animal hybrids.  Humans were crossed with either canine, feline or primate DNA and given drugs which affected their growth patterns, strength, healing, abilities etc.  They were experimented on in labs by evil doctors and have now been found and freed.  Currently they are trying to acclimate to the real word while protecting themselves.

I was worried after finishing the first book that the series would become dull and repetitive, but each story although similar is quite unique.

Something that I like about the books (besides the man candy) is that the women are fighters.  Even though they often need to be saved, they are great at thinking on the fly and finding a way to stand up for themselves.

Although each book is about a certain couple, many characters from past books or future books weave in and out of the storyline.  This is a plus to me.

All of the New Species men are super alpha and animalistic.  I love this about them.  The scenting, the growling-oh so yummy.  They also have super strength, sight, hearing, smelling and other animal-isk traits (and they're super-sized down below, smile).  Thus far, Valiant is the biggest and most beastly of any.  The majority of the N.S. are more man, but he's more animal (lion to be exact).

Everyone is afraid of Valiant.  He roars.  He attacks.  He totally embraces his brute side.  No one would dare cross him.  After he gets Tammy's scent for the first time, she's his in his mind.  Thus, he is finally open to caring about another, his mate.  It's awesome when this little chick goes toe to toe with the mountain of a man/lion.

She's mine and I'm never allowing her to leave me.  I couldn't survive without her.

For being so scary and distant, it's amazing how loving he really is after his guard is down.  Valiant has the ability to be deep (and blunt).

Valiant moved, climbed up on the bed, and pressed his nose against the mattress again.  Tammy's scent lingered there.  The smell of her terror was strongest there.  He didn't want to move for fear it would fade away.  He had to find her.

He sensed Justice and Tiger watching him.

Justice sighed.  "Does it help?"

"A little,"  Valiant admitted softly.

"I do not want to live anymore if we don't find her."

It's a great book, and on that note, I'm off to read more.

toni

LOVE my review can be found at http://divasdiscussions.blogspot.com/2014/02/valiant-by-laurann-dohner.html ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

He sensed Justice and Tiger watching him.

Justice sighed.  "Does it help?"

"A little,"  Valiant admitted softly.

"I do not want to live anymore if we don't find her."

It's a great book, and on that note, I'm off to read more.

toni

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Valiant
2 Stars

Bland story, TSTL heroine, clunky dialogue. Still waiting for this series to live up to the hype. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Nov 19, 2016 |
Paranormal Romance/ Erotica. New Species 3. Valiant, a lion hybrid, lives on the reservation part of Homeland. Tammy has an accidental meeting with him then gets kidnapped. OK+. ( )
  C4RO | Jun 2, 2015 |
Tammy was handed the wrong map and ended up in Valiant's front yard where he get one sniff of her and her wants to keep her. When she clocks him on the head after the most amazing sex of her life, she feels bad but she doesn't want him hurt and she can't stay with him, she hardly knows him. When a traitor informs his employer of Valiant and Tammy's time together, Valiant and the other New Species race off to rescue her from the evil Mercile Doctor who wants to see if she can be impregnated by a captive New Species.

I would really love to give Valiant a five star rating but with the number of edits I found in it that will seriously be reduced but I have read this book three times already...

To finish reading this review please visit http://lauralusbookreviews.blogspot.com/2015/02/valiant-new-species-3-by-laurann... ( )
  LauraLusReviews | Feb 18, 2015 |
Thank you to Mr. Laurann for always understanding those late nights I kept while writing. His love has taught me anything is possible. I'd also like to say thank you to Kele Moon. She's an amazing person, a wonderful friend and a fantastic critique partner. Also, last but not least, special thanks go to my lovely editor, Pamela Campbell, for teaching me so much and keeping up with this write-aholic. She's a saint!
Tammy Shasta had experienced fear plenty of times in her twenty-eight years of life but this made all those other times pale in comparison.

Tammy has always tried to be prepared for any calamity life might send her way but she never imagined a sexy, lion man-beast in her future. He's huge, got the most exotic, golden cat-eyes she's ever seen, and she's so terrified she's speechless for the first time in her life. He's stalking closer, growling at her, and she's too terrified to even flee. Valiant hates humans. But when he gets a whiff of the adorable human female who has invaded his territory, he starts rethinking. Her fear scents of pure, sweet temptation and the closer he gets, the more appealing she becomes. Once he's got his hands on her, he isn't about to let her go. One thought will change his life. Mine! Before Tammy can regain her senses, she's flat on her back in Valiant's bed. Now he just has to use every inch of his big, buff body to convince her that she should stay with him forever.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,013,944 books! | Top bar: Always visible