The Coming Jobs War by Jim Clifton

The Coming Jobs War

by Jim Clifton

The book, The Coming Jobs War, by Jim Clifton states that everyone in the world wants a job and describes how that it inevitable that future leadership decisions will be affected by the above fact. The book also goes on to state that leaders must recognize the importance of mentors and educational institutions to create jobs.
He believes America can win but it seems very difficult at this point, given its current circumstance. With the new POTUS we can only wait and see what can happen to the USA.

Overall, a very nice read and very interesting! Recommend this book to anyone wanting to pass some time. ( )
  Yeshas_Thadimari | Nov 13, 2016 |
This was an easy read; full of lots of stats.
I think alot of this has already happened and we have already lost to China; I don't see a way back.
Clifton states that he believes America can win but I didn't get that impression reading this book.
It's a little depressing. I went away very thankful for my job and motivated to see what (little) things I can do in my circle of influence to promote true entrepreneurship and thus job creation.

Perhaps my favorite quote: "When you are in a meeting with nine other people, odds are that two of them are taking notes to make damn sure whatever your'e planning doesn't see the light of day." Page 102 in the chapter on "high energy workplaces. ( )
  DavidShellhamer | Jan 29, 2013 |
Yes, yes, yes, I get it. We're in trouble. Clifton needs to get over his ideas about American exceptionalism before I can take him seriously. On the other side of the same coin, though, he also needs to realize that any large economy, China's included, is going to screw up from time to time - in other words, China is very likely in trouble too, with all their newly-built empty cities and empty apartment buildings and failed building projects. In fact, it's Germany that's looking the best this month.

Capitalism as we know it is changing just as it did during the industrial revolution, and the truth is that nobody knows what's coming next and all we can do is surf the waves until things settle down, which might be 100 years or more. Our political system is intricately interrelated to our economic system, and this change is probably one we will feel with varying degrees of distress for a very long time to come.

Clifton might ultimately be telling a truth we all need to hear, but he's largely preaching to the choir and his conclusions feel off-base to me. ( )
1 vote Jaie22 | Feb 21, 2012 |

Gallup chairman and CEO Jim Clifton presents his perspective on current global employment and job creation issues, how these affect society in general, and his recommendations for creating good jobs.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,396,269 books! | Top bar: Always visible