All Her Father's Guns by James Warner

All Her Father's Guns

by James Warner

421,664,912 (3)None

"...Some of the comments about the book on the back cover mention All Her Father's Guns as a satire - and I can definitely see that. It just ended up not being for me. Politics was never really my thing (and the book ended up focusing a lot more on politics than I guess I expected), I don't keep up with corporate structures, and I couldn't relate to or connect with any of the characters. I wish I had been able to get into this book, as it did pique my interest when I received the offer of it, but I just wasn't able to get into it.

If you are someone who is fairly interested in things like politics and corporate or political philosophy, I think you may want to give this one a go, because it might be more up your alley than it was mine..."

For full review, please visit me at Here Be Bookwyrms on Blogger:

http://herebebookwyrms.blogspot.com/2012/01/all-her-fathers-guns.html ( )
  here.be.bookwyrms | Jan 26, 2012 |
Cal is a venture capitalist obsessed with guns and hopelessly in love with his Romanian dominatrix of a therapist. Reid is a British-born graduate student in the Department of Theory at Berkeley, studying the socialogical implications of cinematical errors in Casablanca. Reid also happens to be dating Cal's daughter. In addition, Cal's ex-wife, Tabytha, is running for Congress on the ultra-crazy-conservative ticket and attempting to squeeze Cal for all he's worth. When Reid is laid off from Berkeley he turns to Cal for employment. From there it's a strange ride through blackmail and abortion clinics, politics and illegal arms deals. It's fun, it's strange, and it's a little bit silly at times, but it all works out in the end. Reid turned out to be much more likeable than I'd expected, and the ending was surprisingly satisfying. I look forward to reading more from Warner. ( )
  melydia | Jan 20, 2012 |

Cal Lyte, a gun-loving venture capitalist, is tired of paying alimony to his ex-wife Tabytha. Plotting to blackmail her and derail her campaign for Congress, he enlists the help of their daughter's boyfriend, British academic Reid Seyton, to unearth some Lyte family secrets. But the results turn out to be more than anyone bargained for, in an escalating cycle of revelations that will leave nobody's life the same.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:42 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,753,641 books! | Top bar: Always visible