Penguins and Polar Bears Animals of the Ice…

Penguins and Polar Bears Animals of the Ice and Snow: Animals of the Ice… (1985)

by Sandra Lee Crow

In my opinion, this is a good book. The first reason I enjoyed this book was that the pictures in it are photographs. I thought that this was very cool because you could see actual pictures of the different types of animals they discussed in this book. It also allowed me to be able to see what these animals looked like rather than imagining it from the details that were given. Another reason I liked this book was the captions on the pictures. For example, when the author talked about the different types of penguins, there was a picture of each one on the page next to it. Under each of these pictures was the type of penguin that it was such as a chinstrap, an emperor, a king, an adelie, and a gentoo. The last thing I liked was that in the back of the book there was a section with more information about penguins and polar bears. I really enjoyed this section because it gave me the option to learn a little more about these animals without having to find another source. However, at the end of this section it gave four options of additional reading and added the appropriate age level of each of these books. This could save time for the reader when they are looking for something else to read so they can learn more.
The main idea of this book is to learn more about penguins and polar bears. The story discussed different species of these animals, and many more interesting facts about them. This book gave a ton of information on these animals, that the common person does not know. ( )
  samgreen013 | Mar 22, 2018 |
Young kids love to learn about polar bears and penguins! Great book for about 3rd grade level readers who want to know more about these animals. Talks about different types of penguins and the different roles that they play in the Animal Kingdom.
  LynleyShaw | Sep 20, 2016 |

Describes the physical characteristics and life cycle of two animals adapted for survival in polar climates, the penguin at the Antarctic and the polar bear at the Arctic.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,755,315 books! | Top bar: Always visible