The Next Thing I Knew (Heavenly) by John…

The Next Thing I Knew (Heavenly)

by John Corwin

Too long, too long til the end. ( )
  SA_Jane | Feb 18, 2017 |
I got this book to read and review from Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy Fanatics and I loved almost every second of the time I spent reading it! The length, the story, the characters-everything was amazing. The few problems I had with it:
one of the villains/double crossing asshole turned out to be Asian. Maybe I'm making too big a deal outta it but I didn't like it.
the recurring problem I have with books when characters who are supposed to be smart fail to recognize a troublemaker-Harb in this case-it annoys me to no end. It seems unrealistic for people to not be suspicious of such a character.
I loved the humor in the book too. I can't wait to read the sequel.
I just have one request for John-I don't care about Chris (cuz I'm sure Nick can be pretty persuasive) but can we have Nibbles back? ( )
  MiduHadi | Jul 5, 2015 |
deleting reviews if you want to take a look at them you can do so on my blog, link on my profile ( )
  karlaihdez | Sep 20, 2013 |
The Next Thing I Knew by John Corwin

This book starts off with the main character Lucy waking up and realizing that she is dead; it appears she is a ghost. She start to wonder around her house her neighbourhood meets up with a friend who also confirms that yes everyone is dead. The Apocalypse must have happened.

In her travels Lucy finds her friends, family members, neighbours and even the boy she has a crush on. With nothing to do, no time limits, no school, iPods, facebook etc. Lucy and her friends start to explore the realm they all appear to be on, but is it heaven or someplace in between? They can move around from their realm to earth to outer space they can pretty much do what they want. In all of their exploring they end up finding small things and realize they need to figure out what happened to cause everyone on earth to die. The story is filled with alien’s, ghosts, space travel, a deadly virus and of course a love story.

The Next Thing I Knew is well written and the author adds humour to make it even a better read, I would say this book is more of a YA Science Fiction then a YA Paranormal book. It is a great read and what I really liked about this book is that it was different something new and fresh. I was shocked at how much I enjoyed this book, I can see how this story can lead into more books in this series and I can’t wait to see what John Corwin comes out with next.
  TanaT | Aug 7, 2013 |
The Next Thing I Knew is an interesting YA science fiction/fantasy novel. Seventeen year old, protagonist Lucy Morgan wakes up to discover she and everyone else on the planet are dead; ghosts.
Lucy is a well rounded character who comes into her own as the story progresses. She is funny and sees the good in others. She ultimately becomes the leader of a small group of teens. They set out to discover what happened and save Earth. The plot is a unique, post-apocalyptic story. Typical of most YA books, the story developed at a fast pace keeping the reader on a roller coaster ride. There is some romance and implied sex, but the story line revolves around saving the earth.

Corwin’s imagination and writing style is well thought out and enjoyable. While it isn't completely believable, it fits into the realm of fantasy. Fantasy fans will enjoy the aliens and ghosts. Fans of science fiction will love the technology scattered throughout the tale. The Next Thing I Knew touched on good versus evil along with religious and moral issues. Overall, this is a good read and I recommend it to those who enjoy fantasy, science fiction in a young adult genre.

I want to thank John Corwin for sharing this novel with me in exchange for my unbiased review.
you can see more of my reviews @ http://kimbathecaffeinatedbookreviewer.blogspot.com/
or on my facebook blog: https://www.facebook.com/kimbathecaffeinatedbookreviewer ( )
  kimbacaffeinate | Mar 29, 2013 |

John Corwin is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,938,942 books! | Top bar: Always visible