Aron Warner's Pariah issue #2 by Aron Warner

741,138,814 (3.38)None

Originally Reviewed at:Mother/Gamer/Writer
Rating: 4.5 Controllers
Review Source: Sea Lion Books

Lila Ellerman, the star of Issue #2 is not your average boy chasing teenager. She is a survivor from the events that happened in Issue #1. Now she and other Vitro’s have fled deep into the woods and are fighting for the survival against a government who is set on controlling them, or worse, killing them. So what’s a girl to do when she is on the run and being framed for a crime she didn’t commit? She becomes the leader of said runaways and makes out with her “boyfriend” of course.

I loved, loved, loved – and loved with a deep passion - Lila. I think I spent most of my time reading this comic, laughing hysterically to myself. Her sarcastic and witty way with words left me in stitches as I devoured each page. As a highly intelligent Vitro, Lila uses her gifts to her advantage. Whether it’s enhancing experiments in the lab, or rounding up a bunch of scared yet smart individuals, Lila knows how to get the job done. Unfortunately for her, so does the American government.

Overall, Pariah is something to savor. The tension is monumental, and Warner gives you just enough action in each issue to keep you salivating for more. Like a horse being lead to water, readers will want to jump from issue to issue just to see where our young heroes will end up next. If you are looking for a lighthearted, extremely funny read filled with loads of action, I highly recommend giving this new series a try.

Edible Quotes from Lila Ellerman:

“That’s Brandon. We’re dating. Actually, I don’t know if you can call this dating. Let’s just say this: We make out sometimes. And it’s great.”

“I never thought I could be intimidating. Turns out all it takes is the properly applied use of pyrotechnics. A dash of physical force. And a flair for the dramatic.”

“It’s been a week since we ran but so far the party plus competition equation is holding true. So far what I’ve learned in the woods:
Alcohol: Easy.
Untraceable Global Connectivity: Much harder.”

“Sometimes you have to ignore the voice of intelligence, and give into the voice of cornbased passion.”
  momgamerwriter | Jul 17, 2013 |
The issue is set in Montana 2025 and we are introduced to Lila Ellerman formally of The Marinus Labs. Like Brent from issue #1 she is a vitros. She is being hunted down because of what she is and her knowledge. But she's done nothing wrong or the criminal they claim she is. First off let me say the cover art for this issue is outstanding, I love it. Lila is very strong character, I enjoyed reading about her. Pariah #2 is another action filled story. If you love dystopian or futuristic stories you'll want to check this one out. ( )
  vampiregirl76 | Oct 15, 2011 |
Aron Warner is the Academy Award®-winning producer of the animated blockbuster “Shrek” series. Mr. Warner joined PDI/Dreamworks in 1997 working as the producer on the animated film, Antz. He is currently in partnership with director Andrew Adamson in Strange Weather where they and partner Jeff Fierson are developing a slate of live action and animated feature films and television shows. He, producing alongside James Cameron, just wrapped the Untitled Cirque Du Soleil 3-D project, which was written and directed by Adamson. Pariah is his first graphic novel series...
Why are the most elite black-ops forces chasing a 16-year-old girl across the country? Why can't they find her? And why do they want to kill her? Because they think Lila Ellerman is a terrorist who released a deadly virus into the wild. But really, she's just a girl with a crush on a guy named Brandon. Yes, she's figured out the science of controlling anti-matter, but that doesn't make her a criminal. Will she be able to protect her friends and keep them from being taken prisoner, or worse?
Pariah comics can be found in any comic book store near you by using the comic shop locator on this link, simply type in your zip code in the box indicated. http://comicshoplocator.com/
For those interested in watching the Pariah trailers: http://www.pariahonline.com/wp/?page_id=19
  Sea_Lion_Books | Sep 18, 2011 |
Pariah Issue #2 doesn't pick up after the first Issue where Brent Marks gets captured and taken away. Instead it focuses on another Vitro, Lila Ellerman, who use to work at Marinus Labs along with other Vitros that fled with her when the "accidental" explosion happened.
This issue centers on what occurred first hand at the Labs and what caused the explosion. Apparently Lila and her other co-workers were not aware of who caused it and who used Lila's name to sign for the project. It all comes down to the explosion at Marinus Labs being an accident, however, the virus wasn't. The virus was either meant to kill the Vitros or used to frame them.
Lila will not let them get away with this, she's on the mission to proving their innocence and save all the Vitros from these false accusations.

I liked the art work in this issue than the first because of it's vibrant colors, however, I still felt like there was not much dialogue and depth to it. Lila's mind was pretty erratic and sometimes didn't make sense or go along with the situation.
I do appreciate the story back pedaling to show what happened at the labs, but since I'm not to well verse in comics I'm not quite sure if there is a limit to how many pages are suppose to be in a single issue because I wish there was more explanations and story to it.
I will however still continue to read through the series.

Thank you so much to Sea Lion Books for the opportunity to read Pariah Issue #2! ( )
  TValeros | Sep 3, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,567,857 books! | Top bar: Always visible