The Seamstresses by Elle Lapraim

The Seamstresses

by Elle Lapraim

421,664,912 (5)None
Recently added bydanielleK77, maozee, Sanz71, Rai29

The Seamstresses by Elle Lapraim is a short tale about people keeping things together and tearing them apart. The book also contains elements of magic within the story. The tale is about two sisters, Yin is the youngest and follows her sister into death and the afterlife. The book also contain a Ying and Yang element within the tale.
What a lovely heart warming, thought provoking, short story. my only disappointment was that i wished it was longer! the tale is another take on the afterlife and what happens when we die.The two sisters meet up again in the afterlife to continue their work as seamstresses but in a slightly different way. I do not wish to give away the plot so will not go more into detail. The tale makes you want to know more, to find out what happened to the families that the sisters helped. I actually sat and read this in one go, it was so good i really could not put it down until I had finished it. the style in which it is written put me in mind of something like an old folk lore tale that would be passed down through the ages in a family.
The Seamstresses by Elle Lapraim is available on Amazon.co.uk for £0.86.
I know it is only a short tale but well worth the money.
  Sanz71 | Sep 24, 2011 |
ASIN: B0050Z32UU
Publisher: Self / Indie
Pages: -

The Seamstresses by Elle Lapraim is a wonderfully, heartwarming tale of two sisters who in life were ordinary seamstresses and in death are The Seamstresses who sew back together quilts representing the broken relationships that they are fixing. They come across two brothers whose job is really the opposite of theirs. The Whittlers break apart relationships.

Elle Lapraim has wrote a beautiful, modern take on the classic Ying and Yang theory. Its has been really well written. Although it is a short tale it is one I would happily recommend.

Available at Amazon.co.uk. ( )
  Rai29 | Sep 18, 2011 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,018,050 books! | Top bar: Always visible