Storm Dancer by Rayne Hall

Storm Dancer

by Rayne Hall

231459,532 (4)1
ebook (1) fantasy (2) GR Import (1) Kindle (2) romance (1) to-read (12) untagged (1)

Review for Storm Dancer

www.reviewoffantasy.com

(5th Review for May)

I received a copy of this book for an honest opinion.

Okay firstly I only agreed to read this book because I was asked for the authors book tour, otherwise I wouldn’t have picked it up based on the book cover, but once I read the synopsis it peaked my interest.

And Wow it was a lesson very hard learnt don’t always judge a book by its cover. I have never read a book that blew me away with its world building, creativity and uniqueness. The author is so talented that I devoured this book and once finished, I didn’t want to leave Dahoud and Merida, when their journey of love was only starting.

Dahoud is a monster there is no other way to put it. Possessed by what he believes is a djinn, that causes him to do evil things. When I say evil things, I mean like rape, torture, take a life. Sometimes his thoughts are far more disturbing than his actions. I felt my skin crawl a few times when Merida the beautiful rain dancer was around him, in my head I was screaming run, as we could hear his thoughts on how he wanted to rape her. His story is sad as usual with a man like this his mother was to blame, placing that hate for women in his head, letting it festers for years and coming in contact with all the wrong women, his views strengthened at how we should be mistreated, until he wants to redeem himself and tries to hide his past and make an example of Merida, to show he could defeat the Djinn that made him do bad things. (He can keep telling himself that).

Anyway Merida is really interesting she is brought up in Riverland with very strict rules, or she calls them her virtues. Merida is naïve and innocent yet a warrior with understanding. Yet at times I was screaming at her to not be so naïve but she learnt the hard way, and if I hear her mention Riverland one more time I will go there and burn it to the ground, no not really but she mentioned it a lot like in Riverland everything is perfect, in Riverland everybody is perfect. But other than that she was an amazing main character.

I just loved loved this story and would highly recommend it.

Aoifesheri | Aug 25, 2013 |

Rayne Hall is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,631,966 books! | Top bar: Always visible