Secrets & Lies by Tracy James Jones

Rating: 5
Blog For: GMTA
Review:

"Secrets and Lies" by Tracy James Jones was indeed a wonderful
relationship read. This author really as a great writing dialogue that simply keeps you fully interested bringing the characters to life. Ms Jones presents a unique story that shows human emotions. You will find expectations, deception, hiding, ambition, attitude, male to female, to trust .... all will be found in this great read of "Secrets and Lies." Be ready to be surprised as the secrets are exposed that will keep you guessing till the end.

The characters were all simply off the chart: GOOD! All showing a human side with emotions .....from Camilla, Ulanda, Troy, Kenny Jr., Brently (Bren), (granny), Ken Sr., Allyson Goodwin-Jordon, Jalinda, Joe, to Wade and I am sure I have left someone out but that is where you will find out who...by picking up the novel "Secrets and Lies" to find out.

If you are looking for a very powerful book with many surprises that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the end...you have come to the right place ..."Secrets and Lies" would definitely be recommended to you as a Adult read ( )
  arlenadean | Sep 3, 2012 |
Secrets & Lies is an appropriate name for this book. It is about relationships. Be they family, friends, or lovers. The story takes you into the lives of four people who all have secrets. As with any book dealing with adult relationships, there is adult language and allusions to sexual situations. Thus the book is for a Mature Audience.

The book was difficult for me to put down causing me lots of lost sleep because of it. It is one of those books that kept me wondering what was going to happen next.

When the reader is first introduced to the characters, you don’t know what twists and turns their journey will take you on. However, in my opinion it is well worth the ride. ( )
  LynnCSWC | Aug 17, 2012 |
Now, being a red blooded male and liking my fantasy/military books, this was a real venture into the unknown for me.
I started reading it because I wanted to broaden my horizons and see 'how the other half write.'
I have to say that Tracy has done a wonderful job. The characters are vivid and believable and the dialogue is so down to earth and realistic that you can picture yourself sipping beer with them.
The revelations were pitched at just the right level and time and kept the story moving along nicely.
All in all, to my surprise, I enjoyed this book far more than I thought I would. I suppose it's a little unfair to award a 4 star rating and not a 5, but it was not my genre and I suppose it was never going to 'rock my world.' Four stars means, 'I really liked it' and I did.

Well done Tracy. ( )
  MJWebb | Feb 11, 2012 |
“Secrets & Lies” is an emotional journey through the lives of four people tied together by the secrets that they keep.
Camilla, Ulanda, Kennedy, and Bren will carry you along for the ride as the trauma of their past comes barreling to the forefront when the choices that they make leave them all at cross-purposes.
I cannot do a full synopsis without giving away spoilers, which is something that I try to never do.
This was a powerful book. It will have you quickly turning the pages and the final revelation will blow you away. ( )
  Charity_Parkerson | Sep 18, 2011 |

“Sometimes a need for keeping secrets…  Can be just as intriguing as a reason for telling lies…”  “Secrets & Lies,” is a 60,000-word in-depth emotional journey into the private lives of four central characters that unfolds as a provocative, multi-cultural, modern-romance with a twist…   Secrets, as they are, rarely devastate the national population as a whole. They are more often limited to the individual going on about their lives.  That is what this story is about, a group of not-so-ordinary people, all from very different backgrounds, whose secrets and lies leaves a trail of honest deception waiting to upset the rituals of their daily existence.  *   *   *   Kennedy Jordan is a handsome young man with a secret past and a challenging future that keeps him in the balance between having what he wants versus what others expect of him.   Camilla Vargas is a beautiful ambitious young woman with big dreams of success that she has planned to obtain by any means possible, and vows to not let anything keep her from it.     Ulanda Jefferson is a hip outspoken fashionista with a fiery attitude. Armored with sharp-wit and an uncensored tongue, she is more than just a force to be reckoned with.     Bren Searcy is a grown-up lost in transition, (literally from male to female). There is almost nothing she wouldn’t bear to hang onto the happiness she has finally found. *   *   *  In the end, for everyone involved, even the elements of true confessions gets lost in translation as the explicit details of who they are brings the group together in a surprising, yet necessary finale that could change the course of all their lives forever…

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Tracy James Jones's book Secrets & Lies was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Tracy James Jones is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,936,126 books! | Top bar: Always visible