Out of the Closet (The Closet, #1) by KevaD

Out of the Closet (The Closet, #1)

by KevaD

I have to be sincere, I was not giving much credit to this story despite the cute kitten in the cover. But I was wrong, and surprise surprise, this is probably one of the cutest sweet romance I have read lately, almost no sex but plenty of love words and even big bad men who are able to cry if you hurt their feelings.

This is not a threesome: Chaz is in love with Karl, but Karl is straight and Chaz is a virgin dreaming about Mr Right; Mike, is living with Karl and Chaz, but he is not fitting the bill, a construction worker who barely knows the meaning of the word “culture”. So there are no many chances for Chaz to see his dreams come true, even less when Karl announces he is getting married and Mike calls him a poofta for having had the courage to come out of the closet. But the worst night of his life will prove to be also the starting of his new life, and as soon as Chaz will be able to stop dreaming of romance heroes, he will be also able to see that Mr Right was already there, waiting for him.

As I said, this was an unexpectedly romantic story; sure there is a lot of pushing on the Macho Men factor, beer drinking men who do not have to ever ask since women, and men, are already ready to give them everything, but then those same Macho Men are the first to get hurt in their feelings, an hurting that is even worse than the occasional punch.

I liked Chaz and Mike, they were cute together, but who I really loved is TCT, The Cat Too: he is probably the main character of the story, and if Chaz listened to him more, he would have been able to catch Mr Right sooner, the cat was a perfect judge of character.

elisa.rolle | Nov 2, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,415,906 books! | Top bar: Always visible