A Hero for WondLa by Tony DiTerlizzi

A Hero for WondLa

by Tony DiTerlizzi

Series: WondLa (2)

Not as exciting as the first book in this series but it was ok. It was really slow at times. What kept me going was the futurist theme and lots of robots. At times I felt the themes in this book were too adult but the author did resolve them at the end and I felt a little better about that. The illustrations were beautiful and I appreciated the characters and their relationships. ( )
  Erika.D | Jan 28, 2016 |
I don't tend to read Juvenile/Middle School level books, but this series is just amazing. The second installment is as good, if not better then the first book. There was just enough references to the first book for me to remember all the characters and situations I read about a year ago. The illustrations are stunning and the characters so memorable, I can't wait for the third installment! The relationship between Eva Nine (human girl) and Rovee (her alien friend) is just a perfect pairing of two very different people going it alone finding the right person at the right time to lean on and trust. DiTerlizzi writes an EPIC science fiction, dystopian, fantasy. I'm not sure if kids would love it as much as adults, but I'm enamored. ( )
  clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |
Eva finally gets her wish to find others like her. Haley takes her to New Attica. In New Attica no one knows about aliens and everyone just goes along living a happy little life just spending money and eating pellets. Eva misses Rovender and feels uncomfortable. Eventually Eva meets up with her long lost sister and the two girls leave New Attica with Pride (the human leader) following close behind. A war is brewing and Eva will hopefully be able to put a stop to it. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Finally, Eva Nine has gotten what she has always wanted: other humans. When she and her friends are rescued by Hailey, another human, Eva couldn’t be happier. Now she has everything she has ever dreamed of. Hailey brings Eva and her friends to the human colony New Attica, where humans of all shapes and sizes live in apparent peace and harmony.
But all is not idyllic in New Attica, and soon Eva Nine and her friends realize that something very bad is going on–and if they don’t stop it, it could mean the end of everything and everyone on Orbona.

Raised underground by a robot, twelve-year-old Eva Nine finally finds all she ever wanted in the human colony of New Attica, but something very bad is going on there and unless Eva and her friends stop it, it could mean the end of life on Orbona.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,384,955 books! | Top bar: Always visible