The Lonely Mile by Allan Leverone

The Lonely Mile

by Allan Leverone

432267,810 (4)1

It was a quick, fast paced read. The beginning hooked me and the ending was a surprise.

I didn't give five stars because although I enjoyed the action leading to the climax, I felt it needed a big gasping twist somewhere in the middle and also, the bad guy initially came off as cliche, although I give Mr. Leverone credit, the character grew on me and worked in the end.

Overall, glad I purchased the book and I will certain check out Allan Leverone's library. ( )
  EJFin | Apr 6, 2016 |
Allan Leverone is a new to me author whose gripping plot and intriguing characters easily pulled me and wouldn't let go making this one of those books I couldn't put down until I knew for sure how things would work out.
Martin Krall has been hunting along a five hundred mile stretch of I 90 for over three years. He has always been successful and feels like he is invincible. He is a cocky sort of guy who believes he can take what he wants when he wants and no one is going to stop him. You see he hunts young girls, and has abducted a dozen over the past three years and is on the hunt again. His plans go awry though when Bill Ferguson, a hardware store owner who happens to be in the rest area that Martin has decided to abduct his next victim from stops him. While Bill saves the girl from being abducted Martin gets away, and Martin decides he wants Bill's daughter Carli!

This book flows very smoothly with descriptions that pull you into the scenes making me feel as if I was right there.Even though it is a work of fiction, I felt like this could be a crime that is happening right now because it seemed so plausible. The main character Bill is your average guy, with a daughter of his own, who stepped up to do what he thought was right, even though he never realized how it would impact his life. The author was able to keep the plot moving with several twists and turns even though we knew exactly who and what Martin Krall was.While Martin was labeled the I-90 killer, he didn't actually kill them, instead he had a scheme worked out where once he kept them for seven days he sold them to someone who would take them overseas never to be seen or heard from again. It was interesting to get inside his head so to speak, and to learn of his background where he was bullied. The ending was a real shocker as it reveals who Martin was selling the victims to.
A fast paced thrill ride from beginning to end.Allan Leverone has certainly gained a new fan here and I for one will certainly be looking for more of his work!
On a scale of one to five I would easily give this book a six because it's just that good! ( )
  kittycrochettwo | Sep 19, 2011 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,999,191 books! | Top bar: Always visible