Mandiev by M. T. Dismuke

Mandiev

by M. T. Dismuke

421,664,912 (5)None

I finished this book last night and it was one of the best ones I have read this year. The plot had twists and turns that kept you going. It transported you to the scene and just grabbed me. This is the authors first book and I definitely want to read more from him
and I would recommend this book to anyone. ( )
  druidgirl | Dec 9, 2011 |
Book Title: "Mandiev"
Author: M.T. Dismuke
Published By: Self Published
Age Recommended: 18 +
Reviewed By: Kitty Bullard
Raven Rating: 5

Review: I have never read a book from this POV before and was a little unsure at first that I'd enjoy it, but I have to say reading from the present tense is not bad at all, in fact M.T. Dismuke has the ability to transport you to his world fully in this way. "Mandiev" is a thrill ride! It's action packed and non-stop and the writer creates his vision from the point of view that takes you, the reader, on the adventure along with the characters. It puts you in their shoes and makes you live the entire episode.

I loved this book, even though the writing style was in the present tense, the main idea behind this story comes across loud and clear. If I had to compare M.T. Dismuke's abilities to any other writer it would have to be H.P. Lovecraft. The story of "Mandiev" reminded me greatly of some of the early works of this author and I have to say will be one of my favorites for a long time to come.

Definitely pick up this book, you will not be disappointed. The characters are fantastic, you have a love and hate relationship with a lot of them in it and find yourself not really knowing who to root for... but that makes it fun! No one is really right, no one is really wrong and everyone has secrets. "Mandiev" is a great piece of literature by a great author that I can't wait to read more from!

Read more: http://www.greatmindsthinkaloud.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board... ( )
  RavenswoodPublishing | Dec 8, 2011 |

After an explosion kills the Mandiev brothers and hundreds of others, a dark legacy begins as a deadly power is abused by its creator infecting the entire community. Decades later, Mary Hilt is lured in by its deadly grasp and begins to unlock the corruption. Riddled with hidden agendas and a never-ending cycle of death, she reveals the layers of madness that spawned from its awakening. Discover her fate and the secret behind the Mandiev's in this intense, pulse-pounding suspense thriller.

It all begins with a betrayal, a machine, and a darker intent.

It has a purpose.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,189,557 books! | Top bar: Always visible