Wild Montana Sky (The Montana Sky Series) by…

Wild Montana Sky (The Montana Sky Series)

by Debra Holland

This was an easy read, and your standard romance with a dashing cowboy. However, for most of the book, I wanted to shake the livin day lights out of the main character, Elizabeth! It's not good when the main character is making you grind your teeth because you're unsympathetic to her! Also, some of the writing was over done, and at times made me laugh, when it wasn't supposed to be funny!
My favorite "unfortunate writing moment" was when a female character wanted to see a male character's piano....and said something to the effect of, " May I look at your instrument?" ( )
  hey-mom | May 12, 2017 |
This was my first "frontier" romance. And it was fantastic. I really loved getting the POV of the main character and her life back east, how easily her brother tossed aside any thoughts of her comfort in her own home. It really makes you understand why she is willing to make such a long trek from home. The contrast in her life style back east to being on the frontier was very entertaining. I really enjoyed the writing style--I didn't feel like I was being treated like a half-literate as so many books these days are apt to do. This is a great read for a quiet evening or weekend. ( )
  mullgirl | Jun 8, 2015 |
Title: Wild Montana Sky
Author: Debra Holland
Publisher: D.H.
Series: Montana Sky # 1
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 5
Review:

"Wild Montana Sky" by Debra Holland was a beautifully written historical western romance read. This author did a good job about presenting this enjoyable story of the move from Boston to Montana for Elizabeth Hamilton. It was indeed interesting to see a Boston lady becoming a woman of the west. I enjoy how this novel was very realistic aspects of this area in the west in the late 1800's of this wild 'Montana Sky.' I will say at this point that I did find "Wild Montana Sky" somewhat predictable but still a good read. Be really for some mystery, little romance and good notations of a beautiful scenery but most of all seeing Elizabeth change from a Victorian woman who would be able to survive the wilds of the west as a proper Montana lady. Will Elizabeth find love in Montana?

The characters were well developed, portrayed, colorful and even believable only to give you a good enjoyable read that will definitely hold your attraction.

If you are a cowboy lover of a western romance and a clean cut one then this novel "Wild Montana Sky" would definitely be a good read for you. ( )
  arlenadean | Mar 28, 2014 |
This is a very traditional romance. Boy sees girl's portrait and falls in love. Said girl is a spinster never destined to marry but lo and behold slowly (painfully at times) falls in love with boy who fell in love with her likeness.
I was disappointed in this story but felt that parts were so beautifully written and lovely that I had to finish. I would read something else from the author, this was just sadly, not for me. ( )
  faither | Sep 18, 2012 |
A very enjoyable historical romance set in Montana. There was plenty of personal growth and romantic tension as well as some tense situations. I definitely found myself anticipating my lunch hour so I could continue following Nick, Caleb and Elizabeth's journey. I'll definitely check out the other books in this series. ( )
  fiberfool | Sep 14, 2012 |

With the death of her fiancé, Elizabeth Hamilton believed she'd never love again. She allows cowboy Nick Sanders to escort her from Boston to her friend's Montana ranch. In Montana, Elizabeth meets a wealthy banker who strongly resembles her beloved fiancé, and believes she has a second chance at love. She must choose between the man who has everything, and the one with nothing but his heart to offer.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,192,103 books! | Top bar: Always visible