Jillian's Job by Fran Lee

Jillian's Job

by Fran Lee

831,035,133 (3.25)None

She is so done, it’s her birthday weekend and Jillian is flying off to Aspen to rescue that ass-hat she calls a boss. This is the last time because she is done with not having privacy or a life. First she is going to put a small dent in his credit card for messing with her birthday weekend.

When Mike’s personal assistant comes at his request to rescue him from the Barbie wanna be, he never expected her to show up with an engagement ring or looking like she was ready for seduction. When Jillian tells him to ‘take his job and shove it’ he does the only thing a man in his position can do to keep his best employee… He marries her while she is drunk out of her mind.

Jillian’s Job is well written in that it had no editing error that I could find but then as I think on it that is the only truly positive thing I feel I can say about this story. The Characters are pretty two dimensional with no real substance, especially Mike. Jillian has her family and that helps flesh out her character but it leaves Mike in the dust. There was nothing that jumped out to impress upon me just how unhappy Jillian was with her job. Yeah, there were hints that Mike liked Jillian and that she clearly had it bad for him but no emotions jumped off the page.

I chose tore-read this book because I knew it was a short read and I liked it the first time I read, or at least I thought I did until went onto Good reads to see if I had rated it. I apparently gave it a two-star rating and as I think of that previous rating and my current feelings from this read and you know I think my feelings on the book are the same Two and half years later. This makes me wonder why I kept Jillian’s Job in my library.

My first and complete posting of this review can be found at http://lauralusbookreviews.blogspot.com/2016/01/jillians-job-by-fran-lee.html ( )
  LauraLusReviews | Feb 26, 2016 |
Steam office romance!! Loved all the banter and the action was plentiful!

I adore a take charge guy! Great story to go along with the bed action! ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
Love this one, even with the too-fast wrap up at the end. Have read a bunch of times; dates from most recent re-read ( )
  crankypants16 | Sep 23, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,259,855 books! | Top bar: Always visible